An obsession that you DON'T want to be obsessed with?

Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kindertotenlieder79
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Aug 2012, 1:50 am

Wandering_Stranger wrote:
Other people

That . . . and nuclear war . . .

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 4:54 am

lyricalillusions wrote:
Wandering_Stranger wrote:
Other people

That's exactly what I was going to say lol

I'm surprised at the amount of people who have had / got this obsession. I was talking to someone on Monday and they said they had the same problem.

Films. As much as I love them, it is getting expensive now.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 10:19 am

I wish I didn't bite my fingernails so much when I get nervous, and I also wish I didn't have to check the walls and ceilings for spiders every night when I go to bed, if either of those count.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

tantopat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2012, 10:57 am

I've had something like that happen to me recently. I have a phobia of plastinated bodies, and ever since I heard that an exhibition of them is coming to my city I've been trying to desensitise myself to images of it (I know that I don't have to go to the exhibition itself, but there are also posters and adverts for it around the city). While doing so, my phobia seems to have developed into a strange phobia/obsession hybrid. I still feel very unnerved and a little bit sick whenever I look at the images, but at the same time I find myself looking out for them, and I can't stop talking and reading about it. Having an obsession like this is really not fun and almost feels more like an addiction, so I wish it would just go already! (At the same time, I know I can't completely stop looking at the posters or else I'll never become desensitised...)

lambey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Aug 2012, 11:08 am

well yeah, i'm currently obsessed with 2-3 things. one of them is a girl that i used to know, and can't get off my mind (i became very attached to her and may have loved her in some sense). its something im trying to push past but i can't at the moment.