Raven
Raven

23 Aug 2012, 8:25 am

...me too. Sad sad sad.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 9:48 am

I could relate to parts of it and I was very lucky to have understanding parents. It appears that article is about the ones who arne't so lucky and went undiagnosed in their childhood nor did they have parents who recognized something was wrong.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 10:11 am

Wow...what a moving essay. It's only recently that I have started acknowledging that yes, I DO experience things differently than others, yes, I notice things others don't, and yes, I have sensitivities and anxieties that others may not have. That doesn't mean I'm WRONG (or that ANY of us are "wrong") it simply means that I experience things differently AND that that deserves to be acknowledged even if it is difficult to understand.

I wish there was a way of getting more NTs to read that essay. It might get them to think.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 10:42 am

it is the sad & brutal reality for at least those of us who lived our childhood before the end of the 70s, and had to stand on our own feet way before asperger syndrome was a known condition.