Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Niche99
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Apr 2014, 2:01 am

I am sensitive with temperature, actually
I can't stand it if it's too cold or too hot, whenever I sleep at night the temp. should not be cold or hot or else I won't be able to sleep (it needs to be so-so)
Also, my hands should not be too warm as well or too cold
When my hands are too warm, I need to touch something cold or things that doesn't produce heat....it could be anything (mostly objects like book covers, chairs, tables, anything....I prefer touching metal and steel)

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 4:35 am

I am normally not too sensitive to temperature but there are times when I will wake up in the morning and find myself shivering cold in 75F(24C), and yet on the flip side, there are times I find myself so burning hot that I can work outside for 3 hours in 0'F(-18C) temperature wearing nothing more then shorts and a t-shirt.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 7:31 am

I am very sensitive to cold. Anything less than 15*C is freaking cold for me and I need to wear a winter coat, anything less than 25*C I wear sweater or a jacket while everyone else use t-shirts already. 28*C is a perfect temperature for me, I can wear shorts and t-shirt then.
Heat sources attract me. I always stand near a heater/fireplace and heat myself even if there is warm around. I also always wear a blanket at home, even in the middle of hot summer.

T-TI
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2014, 8:11 am

Count me in with those who can't stand the heat.

It's not enough to really affect my life, but I definitely seek shelter / a cooler place sooner than most other people will.
And it makes it a lot harder to sleep at night.

But I am quite fine, even happy, in colder weather.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 8:21 am

i am very sensitive to the cold

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 8:23 am

I don't like hot, humid days. I wish I lived in Eureka, California, the Land of Eternal Spring--or Bogota, Colombia or Quito, Ecuador.

Nesf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Apr 2014, 1:30 pm

I'm very sensitive to the cold, but heat doesn't bother me that much.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 3:50 pm

yep, cant stand the heat, makes me naseous

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 7:35 pm

Like AdamAutistic and Nebret and others, I am very sensitive to cold weather instead.
I bring sweaters everywhere because what is hot for others is cold for me. Specially when they set the temperature, like in air conditioners. Below 26 Celsius degrees (81 F) it starts getting really cold for me., below 20 is nightmare. I can't stand being in places like that. Fortunately I live in a hot place and besides air conditioners I have small trouble with temperature... Except for winter, hmmm they say winter in here is like summer.. Not for me!
it bothers me hell lot! In fact I can barely stand it when it is cold.
perfect climate: sunny days 30 C (~90F) all year, occasional beautiful cloudy days no less than 26 C, occasional rain days with red or purple sky or sun and rain only in free days of course, and occasional hot days 36 C (~99F). Ohh that would be wonderful ! !
plus I need sun rays to be happy. If we don't get sunny days for a time, like winter, I can get really depressed.

Last edited by linatet on 24 Apr 2014, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

24 Apr 2014, 8:21 pm

I can smell heat.yes,i am sensitive,

Mpregangel
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Apr 2014, 9:31 pm

I'm cold intolerant from birth and in the winter if I go outside my skin turn red and my body gets harder and harder to move...and I live in Louisiana which is very warm compared to up north. Very soon my body feels like it's on fire I'm so cold.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 11:53 pm

Wind sensitive and rain sensitive.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2014, 2:11 pm

Not sure whether more sensitive than others generally are, but I would say I'm sensitive to different temperatures, hot in particular.

MrOriginal2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Aug 2017, 2:22 pm

A lot of the responses seem to over-correlate the poster's sensitivity to temperature to their aspergers. If you get cold or hot easily, that's just a normal variation between people. Plenty of NT people experience the same thing! You may as well correlate skin sensitivity to laundry detergent with aspergers. Oh, I get rashes too! But that, of course, has nothing to do with aspergers. The question should be: do you have hypersensitivity and intolerance to temperature in the same way as textures, sounds, etc. Not whether or not you get hot or cold, but can you not stand feeling too hot or too cold. Or can you not stand the feeling of hot or cold air, regardless of your personal temperature.

For me, it doesn't matter so much whether I'm hot or cold, rather, I have a sensitivity to it being too hot and dry. It's this specific combination I don't like, dry being more important than hot. It's the sensation I really don't like. If it's cool and humid, I can work up a sweat and feel very hot, especially if I'm overdressed for the weather and then doing some sort of unexpected exertion, but this doesn't really bother me too much. Conversely, I can feel a bit on the cold side coming out of an air conditioned building and not quite be warmed up yet, but if I walk out into dry heat I get really agitated. It's a similar feeling to background hums like from a fridge or lights - just really agitated. Being sensitive does not equal having a sensitivity, if that makes sense. One is physiological, the other is mental. I believe the original poster was more interested in the latter.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 2:31 pm

I believe I am under sensitive to heat, because I wear a blanket in the summer as well and I could sit in a hot tub for hours! I am constantly seeking this out by taking steaming hot showers, etc.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2017, 3:42 pm

I cannot tolerate heat, it's horrible. When it is really hot outside I don't go out unless I absolutely have to. If I do, or if I am subjected to heat in any form it is so overwhelming it's all I can talk about "God it's hot"...yadda, yadda. I prefer the winter to the summer for two reasons. Firstly I like the cold, secondly the dark winter nights mean lots of early evening dark astronomy nights. I can get 4 or 5 hours in and still be in bed at a decent time.

BBC: Radio 4