Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MiatheMutant
Raven
Raven

08 May 2012, 12:13 am

I'm on the extreme end of it. I wear shorts and sandals and the like when there's snow on the ground, and anything above about 50 F makes me miserable. I used to live in the midwest with snow, hail, wind, rain, and season changes, but now I live in Vegas and I feel like I'm going to die nine months out of the year. I start getting headaches and am lightheaded when the temperature goes above 90 F, so I spend the vast majority of the day sprawled out on the tile floor. Need me over summer vacation? If it's after eight in the morning, you know where I'll be!

Undiagnosed: marginal costs > marginal benefits

bettalove
Raven
Raven

08 May 2012, 1:21 am

Blownmind wrote:

I start to sweat if its warmer than ~21-22 C (~71 F), if I am in a social situation it only gets worse, because I start thinking about how they can see I am too warm, and therefore they must focus on me, and then I get even warmer because of my social anxiety and my fear of beeing the focus of the party.

I've always just considered myself out of shape when it comes to sweating easily, and beeing a viking when it comes to cold. I thrive in the vinter, I am one of the first to start wearing a t-shirt only when the snow is gone. But now I think it might be because of Aspergers, and that I simply thrive in another temperature. Am I just a penguin living in the desert with the camels?

I'm the same way. I'd really prefer to live in a bubble that never gets warmer than 65F. When the heat gets above 80F, I've been known to pass out.

Zinia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2012, 1:30 am

I get migraines triggered from the heat, and overheat easily. I used to hang out in the cold pacific ocean (50 F) for hours in a bathing suit, and I tend to feel much better in the cold.

The only thing that helps me trying to stay in the shade, drink lots of water, have a breeze, and try to ignore it. Drinking water is super important.

fragileclover
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 2:28 am

I'm absolutely sensitive to temperature. It's probably one of my worst sensitivities.

Last summer, I nearly passed out on three separate occasions on the way to work. My car doesn't have air, and despite having the windows down and chugging water or powerade, I still began to get tunnel vision and feel like I couldn't breathe on those occasions.

In the winter, I have trouble breathing because of the cold. If it's windy and cold, I'm NOT breathing...I'll gasp for air before I can get my face covered.

Sometimes I have blankets on me when everyone else is warm, and other times have the window open or a fan blowing on me when others are cold. I can't sleep at night unless the room is the right temperature...the air must be cool, then I snuggle under the covers to keep warm, with just the cool air on my face, which keep my body temperature just right. If I sleep over with my boyfriend, I have to scoot as far from him as possible, because his body feels like a furnace.

Interesting factoid...my natural body temperature sits around 96-97. So, when I have a fever, it shows up 'normal' or slightly above, which always made people think I was faking sick.

Diagnosed with AS and Anxiety Disorder - NOS on 03/21/2012

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 4:13 am

zoey wrote:
I can tell you, you aren't alone
Thanks Zoey, and thanks all! It's good to know I'm not alone, while it's not good to know so many have similar problems to what I have. I wouldn't wish it for my worst enemy.

lundygirl wrote:
I have been told I am a hot person - it's like I am a human radiator sometimes!
(...)
Perhaps a rush of adrenaline can make the body go hot - like when you are anxious?
I've been known to be a human radiator myself :)
About the rush of adrenaline/anxiety, you are probably right about that. When it starts while in a social gathering, it's only downhill from there.

Max000 wrote:
(...)So yeah, I'm pretty sure it's an Asperger's thing.
It's weird how many seperate issues I have had over the years just all seem to converge within Aspergers.

bettalove wrote:
I'm the same way. I'd really prefer to live in a bubble that never gets warmer than 65F.
Wouldn't that be just awesome! I have seen a japanese invention on youtube a few years ago, that made me abit envious. It was a shirt with a built-in fan. How I have longed for that one in big dinnerparties.. :)

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 5:50 am

i also dont like warm weather; although i'm not that sensitive to small changes in temperature.

as for the ratiator, i recognize that myself; i'm often the one that my friends (usually the female ones) are drawn to warm up, even if it's freezing outside, my (ungloved) hands still ratiate enough heat to unfreeze another persons hands...
also, i tend to walk around in t-shirts untill way into oktober, where everyone wears sweaters and winter jackets.

if it gets warmer, on the other hand; the temperature where most people start going outside in as little clothes as decent, i start wearing sweaters to insulate myself from the heat (a desert dweller tactic)...

katwithhat
Toucan
Toucan

08 May 2012, 8:48 am

I am sensitive to extremes in temperature. I do not like to be too hot or too cold. If I am out in the water though, the warmer the better.

Sometimes I am cold in the same temperature I get hot in. Example: I get cold in the morning when I take a nap (house is set at 74F) and sleep with a heating pad but am very hot at night (same temp). Does anybody else experience this?

little_black_sheep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2012, 11:59 am

nebrets wrote:
I can related but in the opposite. I am absolutely cold intolerant. I live in a warm climate so that I am content from mid spring to mid fall with the weather outside, but with air-conditioning I am uncomfortable inside of most buildings and I feel like I am turning into ice during the winter.

Oh yes... I am only happy if it is 30°C or even hotter. Except for hot summer days I am always cold and being cold makes me sullen and angry.

Every morning in Africa, an antelope wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest antelope, or it will starve. It doesn't matter if you're

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2012, 12:35 pm

I'm extremely sensitie to the cold. Even my skin is always cold to the touch, and it's tanned year round! Being from New England, I should have gotten used to cold temperatures by now, but oddly I never have. I'm not comfortable unless it ges to at least the mid 70's. Since I was little, I've blamed my intolerance to the cold on being hispanic. :lol:

retrogurl88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2012, 1:51 pm

I'm not alone on this!

I drive people nuts around me! Year round I have to have a fan on in a room or car, or AC... If the air is stagnant I start sweating and feeling panicky...

Is this a sensory thing?

Do people with an ASD get panic attacks when overstimulated?

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 1:54 pm

Give me cold weather anytime! I absolutely loathe heat with every fiber of my being.

analyser23
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2012, 3:13 pm

This is definitely one of my biggest sensory sensitivities!

I am very sensitive to both heat and cold, but a tad more so cold. When I am cold, I am in utter PAIN and can barely function. I also get Raynaud's Syndrome, which means that my fingers and toes go white and lose circulation when I am extremely cold. I HATE Winter. I much prefer Summer, although I can't handle too much heat either. In some artificially heated places, I almost feel like I cannot breathe properly when it gets too much, plus I sweat very easily also and get very panicky if a room is too warm and I HAVE to get out of it.

I annoy people in cars, also, because I really need to make the air conditioner just right, or I can't stand it.

legomyego
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2012, 3:47 pm

i am sensitive to cold temperatures....(I like it 75+ with no humidity)
cold weather or the feeling of cold almost causes me a fear
but also itchy clothes or dust make me very irritated.

Belisaurius
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jul 2012, 4:17 pm

I have dealt with my extreme heat sensitivity by working a seasonal contract job in a very cold location six months out of the year, and then coming back home in the winter. I have not seen one of those horrible Michigan summers in a couple years now, thankfully. But in general, I am comfortable at around 65F and anything warmer makes me feel sick and my skin feel super sensitive.

Oh I'm new here, by the way. Hello all.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 4:45 pm

analyser23 wrote:
This is definitely one of my biggest sensory sensitivities!

I am very sensitive to both heat and cold, but a tad more so cold. When I am cold, I am in utter PAIN and can barely function. I also get Raynaud's Syndrome, which means that my fingers and toes go white and lose circulation when I am extremely cold. I HATE Winter. I much prefer Summer, although I can't handle too much heat either. In some artificially heated places, I almost feel like I cannot breathe properly when it gets too much, plus I sweat very easily also and get very panicky if a room is too warm and I HAVE to get out of it.

I annoy people in cars, also, because I really need to make the air conditioner just right, or I can't stand it.

I feel pain from cold too. And I do mean pain--not mere discomfort.

Niche99
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Apr 2014, 2:01 am

I am sensitive with temperature, actually
I can't stand it if it's too cold or too hot, whenever I sleep at night the temp. should not be cold or hot or else I won't be able to sleep (it needs to be so-so)
Also, my hands should not be too warm as well or too cold
When my hands are too warm, I need to touch something cold or things that doesn't produce heat....it could be anything (mostly objects like book covers, chairs, tables, anything....I prefer touching metal and steel)