Do you have poor penmanship/handwriting?

Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Do you have poor penmanship/handwriting?
Yes 79%  79%  [ 93 ]
No 21%  21%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 118

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 4:47 pm

I do write my 2's and S's strangely, though. I don't write them how they should be written. Same goes with the way I write foreign languages. I have good penmanship, however. My signature looks completely different each time I write it. I like to make it illegible because that's more fun!

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 4:49 pm

I know first graders who have better handwriting than me.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 5:38 pm

I clicked "yes" because I find it to be messy quite often. That being said, I have seen worse in both spectrumites and NTs. I am not aspie, so I don't know if this is often true for those with classic autism. Mine seems horrible to me sometimes, but I've never had a teacher tell me they can't read my writing or that I need to write more neatly.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 5:40 pm

My handwriting is OK, but it was bester when I was a kid. I was looking through some of my childhood books into which I wrote my name and my school and the date, and I noticed that my handwriting was really good when I was ten years old.

tchek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jun 2012, 5:49 pm

I have absolutely atrocious handwriting and my signature looks like it's done by a 4yo with parkinson disease. I definitely got an issue in that department

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 6:01 pm

Compared to what? ;) I didn't answer because I think mine falls in the middle. Mine is messier than the neatest handwriting I see, but a lot neater than the messiest. Let's just say mine is usually legible. It changes with my mood and how tired I am.

twich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2012, 6:36 pm

Atomsk wrote:
I know first graders who have better handwriting than me.

Yep! I was a teachers aid for a first grade class, and I had to mark test papers in a certain colour so the teacher would know what I wrote and what they wrote.

My penmanship in general is horrible and people have trouble reading it on a regular basis. I haven't done handwriting (cursive) since I was forced to in school, I actually failed grade 2 and the main reason is because I refused to try to learn cursive and would ONLY write in printing.

The thing that bothers me the most, though, is the teachers that gave me such trouble about my penmanship being so bad... They were also the ones who couldn't even read their own writing on a regular basis.. At least I can always read mine.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 7:48 pm

Sorry to post another question here, but does anyone else have trouble reading stuff that's written in cursive?
I can hardly read most peoples handwriting if it's cursive.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

twich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2012, 7:53 pm

jetbuilder wrote:
Sorry to post another question here, but does anyone else have trouble reading stuff that's written in cursive?

I have trouble reading cursive as well... Looks like a bunch of wiggly and loopy lines if you ask me.

sl93
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jun 2012, 10:26 pm

My handwriting is awful. I also hold my pen/pencil weirdly.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 10:36 pm

I can for short amounts of time write legible, after that a two year old with a crayon can best me. I can draft well though.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 10:41 pm

My handwriting can be described as chaotic semi-cursive. I didn't quite get the hang of running writing in school but it wasn't paid attention to.

Now my writing in general has been gradually getting worse. It's not that I can't spell but I keep getting letters mixed around in words when I try to write them on paper.

lxuser
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jun 2012, 11:01 pm

I used to have reasonable handwriting, but for the last four years or so I haven't done much in way of handwriting and it looks atrocious when ever I do handwrite.

jetbuilder wrote:
Some peoples' I can if its written clearly enough and not microscopically.

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 11:30 pm

Mine was vastly improved when I took a couple engineering drafting classes a long time ago.

Bunnynose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jun 2012, 1:18 am

Oh, my penmanship is fine.

It's my attempts at "fixing" my writing mistakes that amuses me. What with computers and word processing software, I hardly ever write things out now. But when I do, I have to make several attempts. Like recently I had to mail my rent check. Couldn't find the blank No. 10 envelopes so used one that was pre-printed with some company's name and address. Needed to make a label for it, so fished into the recycle bin for a discarded and used envelope to write the landlady's name and address. But even I couldn't read what I'd written. So I used another portion of the envelope to scribble her name and address. That turned out badly too. Had to go to the recycle bin once more for another envelope. Finally I got her name and address down (well, actually, it looked so-so), took out the orange-handled Fiskars scissors, and cut out the label. But then I ended up cutting it too fine, because the new label didn't cover the pre-printed address. So I flipped the now mutilated envelope over again and wrote out the name and address once more, then cut out the new label and taped it onto the pre-printed envelope. Success!

Last edited by Bunnynose on 10 Jun 2012, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 3:09 am

My handwriting is generally pretty sloppy. I tend to write almost exclusively in print--my cursive is atrocious. I find I tend to apply an abnormal amount of pressure when I write; this is most apparent when I use a pencil--my lines are always darker and heavier than everybody else's. I also have an easier time gripping writing implements that have a thicker grip--standard-thickness pens and pencils are uncomfortable for me to use for any length of time. My handwriting tends to be neater when I write on a vertical surface--like a whiteboard, for instance--instead of a horizontal surface.

Kinme wrote:
I do write my 2's and S's strangely, though. I don't write them how they should be written. Same goes with the way I write foreign languages. I have good penmanship, however. My signature looks completely different each time I write it. I like to make it illegible because that's more fun!

My lower-case d's are a little weird because they don't have a "foot." My lower-case g's often look like S's instead, because I don't always close the loop on the top part. And my U's and V's are often hard to tell apart. :?