The "Type A" personality: what's it mean to you?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jayo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 7:47 pm

DrPenguin wrote:

You'd be amazed at how many top people in London's banking and financial industries have sociopathic tendencies even some diagnosis it does help in there career. I tended not to like them in general (different values) I still dislike people with type A personalities more but would say all people move through the types as there situation/mood changes. Put a lab coat on me and I could pass for a type A easily but outside I do tend towards B/C although at the moment could do with a cup of T.

Hehe. I don't think that's just a London thing, but a New York thing or whichever large and prominent city. Those cities are super-expensive to live in, and as regrettable as it is, sociopathic tendencies are often viewed by the bearer as the best means to survival (and beyond...wayyy beyond!) many people speculate, and probably quite accurately, that such personalities were behind the sub-prime crisis and crash that the USA experienced not too long ago. Most likely such individuals have a discernible Type A tinge to their personality too.

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jul 2012, 10:42 pm

Jayo wrote:
DrPenguin wrote:

You'd be amazed at how many top people in London's banking and financial industries have sociopathic tendencies even some diagnosis it does help in there career. I tended not to like them in general (different values) I still dislike people with type A personalities more but would say all people move through the types as there situation/mood changes. Put a lab coat on me and I could pass for a type A easily but outside I do tend towards B/C although at the moment could do with a cup of T.

Hehe. I don't think that's just a London thing, but a New York thing or whichever large and prominent city. Those cities are super-expensive to live in, and as regrettable as it is, sociopathic tendencies are often viewed by the bearer as the best means to survival (and beyond...wayyy beyond!) many people speculate, and probably quite accurately, that such personalities were behind the sub-prime crisis and crash that the USA experienced not too long ago. Most likely such individuals have a discernible Type A tinge to their personality too.

Used to go out drinking with them and they do say that it helps there career, although their superficial charm, ruthlessness and not caring about others (would like the charm) I can believe it does work.

Jayo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 8:37 pm

DrPenguin wrote:
Jayo wrote:
DrPenguin wrote:

Used to go out drinking with them and they do say that it helps there career, although their superficial charm, ruthlessness and not caring about others (would like the charm) I can believe it does work.

True, it can work, we've seen first-hand evidence of that - it's a shuddering and sobering reflection on the macrocosm of humanity - but these "people" make a lot of enemies, proportionally to the amount of money they make no doubt!!