i love water and am fascinated by it
i kind of like water but no big deal 86%  86%  [ 63 ]
i dont care 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 73

man-hands
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jul 2012, 5:21 am

I love to swim---it's my favorite form of exercise. I love rainy, cool, foggy climates.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 5:26 am

Chronos wrote:
felinesaresuperior wrote:
i read in the internet an autistic man got lost somewhere and for some reason his dog ran away. a man who specializes in finding lost autistic people went straight for the river, because he knew autistic people are drawn to water by nature. the man was found safe and sound.
i love watching fountains, the waves on the beach fascinate me and i love watching the river of lake. but i thought nts like it too.

I found the statement of the search and rescue individual, however well intentioned, incredibly mis-informed.

It's true that many with moderate or low functioning autism have a fixation with water. However this man seemed to either have HFA or AS and likely had no more of a fixation or attraction to water than anyone else in the desert. Additionally, his initial plan was to follow the river as a guide to his destination.

Rivers are also things many people go to and follow in survival situations or when they're lost - rivers lead to the ocean, and also provide a source of food and water.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 5:51 am

Considering that, like most humans, I would die after a few days without water, I don't see why that should be unusual. But sure, water is pretty, the air is usually cooler next to it, and I enjoy swimming, so I guess I'd pick the first option. I'm sure no NT feels this way.

Next thing you know, enjoying watching a fire, sleeping at night and eating fruit will be described by some psychologist as autistic traits. :roll:

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 6:05 am

I'm not drawn to water but wouldn't anyone lost in the wilderness go to water if they could find it if for no other reason than to not die from dehydration?

analyser23
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jul 2012, 6:40 am

I love the water - I have always swum, and I used to play in the ocean and pool for hours on end!
I love watching water also, and everything to do with it :)

I love the feel of being in the water - it is so quiet and smooth, feels nice on the skin and so encapsulating. I can move easier in the water also, it feels way more natural than walking/running to me

Psychocandy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2012, 6:50 am

I love rivers, lakes, beks, ponds, because I do have to say; flowing water is hypnotic.

Tonydev
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jul 2012, 6:57 am

I like watching flowing water

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 7:06 am

man-hands wrote:
I love to swim---it's my favorite form of exercise. I love rainy, cool, foggy climates.

I love to swim too, I forgot to mention that in my last post. It's my favourite form of exercise and I just find being in the water relaxing.

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 8:13 am

I have always been a water baby. I learned to scuba dive when I was ten.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 9:08 am

That's why the world's cutest animal is called a SEAL.

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jul 2012, 9:19 am

I love the sea and running water its so calming. Think its because its shiny and reflective.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 9:26 am

In summertime I absolutely love water and I love the ocean. I am happiest near it. I want to look out my window and see the vivid blue. Especially Caribbean blue. However, I don't like some aspects of living near the seashore, like Tsunami threats and hurricanes or other storms.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 10:27 am

I love all about water, especially the sounds, from a surf to the pattering of rain.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 11:17 am

My boyfriend calls me a selkie...

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 12:04 pm

I love water. I love being in it, and I love being wet. It's calming, relaxing, soothing. In fact, I haven't gone swimming in almost a year, and when we had plans to go and they got changed at the last minute, I was extremely pissed because of it.

I don't generally like water I can't see thru though.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 12:24 pm

<--- Water lover. Loves it just as much as Roger loves disguises.