Page 17 of 21 [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 3:58 pm

from http://www.oralchelation.net/ProzacSideEffects.htm

Prozac Side Effects = Violence And Depression

Prozac is the antidepressant made by Eli Lilly. It is the most profitable drug in history. The side effects of Prozac include that it makes people violent. Many of the most sensational killing sprees have been committed by drug-crazed people who were made that way by Prozac. Click here for a page with many links to material about Prozac. You can even read about how Lilly knew that Prozac would cause the side effect of violence, but hid that truth.

Withdrawal from Prozac is harder than withdrawing from heroin! The withdrawal symptoms include trembling and tendencies to either suicide or violence to others.

Here is what Eli Lilly admits to in its official explanation of Prozac side effects:

Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors--There have been reports of serious, sometimes fatal, reactions (including hyperthermia, rigidity, myoclonus, with possible rapid fluctuations of vital signs, and mental status changes that include extreme agitation progressing to delirium and coma) in patients receiving fluoxetine in combination with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), and in patients who have recently discontinued fluoxetine and are then started on an MAOI. Some cases presented with features resembling neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Therefore, Prozac should not be used in combination with an MAOI, or within a minimum of 14 days of discontinuing therapy with an MAOI. Since fluoxetine and its major metabolite have very long elimination half-lives, at least 5 weeks (perhaps longer, especially if fluoxetine has been prescribed chronically and/or at higher doses (See Accumulation and Slow Elimination Under ACTIONS/CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY)) should be allowed after stopping Prozac before starting an MAOI.

Prozac side effects include murder! Prozac withdrawal symptoms include a desire to commit violence. Eli Lilly Prozac is soon to be replaced the same drug with a different name. Prozac antidepressant winds up CAUSING depression.

The initial effect of Prozac seems to be more calm. But, this is the symptom of becoming more like a vegetable. After a period of time on this antidepressant, the Prozac side effects are much more prominent that the intended main effect. This is the point where it is virtually impossible to withdraw from use of the drug, and the point where the person is more and more willing to commit violence, including murder, on others.

Eli Lilly is one of the most evil drug companies on the planet. They knew, many years ago, about the side effects of Prozac. They deliberately hid the truth for the sole purpose of making billions of dollars of profit on this harmful drug.

Those who ARE on this drug should go back to the doctor who prescribed it, and demand to be taken off. If that doctor refuses, that is the time to sue him for malpractice. It is possible to get off Prozac without dreadful withdrawal symptoms -- but doctors never will tell you about the method.

Avoid Prozac at all costs! If you are on it, demand help from your doctor to get off. He is the criminal that needs to be charged!

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 4:01 pm

from http://www.sntp.net/prozac/prozac_info_2.htm

Prozac Information Sheet #2
Prozac Causes Violence
Originally Issued 4 June 1990

Widely Used Drug Turns People Violent And Suicidal

Prozac is a new structure drug currently being promoted as a "wonder drug" for depression. The drug company's promotion however, ignores considerable evidence which has accumulated showing how truly deadly this psychiatric drug really is.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has received 5,740 reports of adverse reactions from Prozac in less than two years compared with 2,923 reports received by the FDA on the long-standing market leader, Elavil, over twenty years.(1)

The adverse reactions reported on Prozac include aggression, psychosis, hallucinations and "akathisia", a drug-induced insanity with bizarre and frightening characteristics including hallucinations, aggression, self-destructive outbursts, terror, anger, suicide, hostility, hatred and rage.(2) Already, frightening reports of persons being turned violent and suicidal by Prozac have begun to surface.

A study recently published in the American Journal of Psychiatry exposed the fact that Prozac creates obsessive and intense, violent suicidal thoughts in patients who take the drug. According to the study, these bizarre and extremely dangerous self-destructive thoughts occurred in 3.5 percent of persons on the drug.(3)

The manufacturer states that there are up to two million people on the drug, placing the total of those being given intense, violent suicidal thoughts at up to 70,000 Americans.

As noted above, FDA reports show that Prozac can cause akathisia which can include self-destructive and suicidal thoughts and behavior. This has been confirmed by the manufacturer's literature and also by an independent study into the drug which estimated that between 10% and 25% of persons on Prozac experience akathisia.(4) These people are not being told that the drug can create insanity in them and can push them to the brink of self destruction.

In 1989, Janet Sims of Hamilton County, Indiana, was driven so intensely suicidal by Prozac that she was no longer certain she would not kill herself. Her psychiatrist persuaded her she was insane and convinced her to undergo electric shocks to her brain [at financial profit to the psychiatrist]. The shocks robbed her of her memory and destroyed much of her education, but the suicidal thoughts didn't disappear until she stopped taking Prozac months later.(5)

The files of the FDA contain tragic reports of persons on Prozac who were no longer able to fight thoughts pushing them to suicide. For instance, the reports stated, "This patient was reported to have died by suicide, (carbon monoxide poisoning) while on Prozac therapy" (submitted by Lilly to the FDA in May, 1989), "This patient died by hanging" (submitted by Lilly to the FDA in July, 1989), "Patient suicided herself by jumping under the train" (submitted by Lilly to the FDA in September of 1989).(6)

Even psychotic acts of murder have been perpetrated by persons on Prozac. On September 14, Joseph Wesbecker went into the Standard Gravure building in Louisville, Kentucky, and opened fire, killing eight former coworkers and wounding twelve others before killing himself. According to the Jefferson County Coroner, Wesbecker had a high therapeutic level of Prozac in his blood at the time of his rampage.(7) Concerned that Prozac may have contributed to Wesbecker's rampage, the coroner asked the drug's manufacturer whether any other acts of violence connected with Prozac had been reported to the company and was told that the company had no documented reports of violence from Prozac at all.(8)

However documents released under the Freedom of Information Act by the Food and Drug Administration show that, contrary to the denials of Eli Lilly, there had been several reports to the drug company of violence on Prozac. The documents show that these reports were all received by Lilly prior to the call which was placed by the coroner to Lilly regarding the possible role of Prozac in the Wesbecker killings.

These reports confirmed that Prozac can and does turn people hostile, aggressive and violent. Some of these reports stated, "This patient became agitated and violent after third dose of Prozac" (submitted by Lilly to the FDA in April, 1989); "'Shortly after Prozac was increased to 80 mg daily patient became extremely violent" (submitted by Lilly to the FDA in July, 1989), "This patient was reported to have become manic with prominent paranoid ideation while taking Prozac. Patient... illegally entered the house of an unknown family and required considerable restraint before being brought under control" (submitted to Lilly to the FDA in August, 1989), and "The dosage was increased to 40 mg and the patient experienced an intense homicidal rage. She made plans to kill a man from her past" (submitted by Lilly to the FDA in July, 1988).(9)

Another report submitted to the FDA in July of 1988, more than a year prior to the Wesbecker rampage, states "This patient became very aggressive while taking Prozac; after one week on the drug he had an argument with another motorist & attempted to run over him with his car."(10)

One of Wesbecker's coworkers, James Lucas, testified at the inquest that he was turned violent and attacked his wife with a ballpoint pen after seven weeks on Prozac. He said that prior to taking Prozac he had never so much as raised his hand to his wife in thirty-five years of marriage.(11)

Additionally,, Lucas pointed out that persons on Prozac are not capable of recognizing the violent insanity which the drug is generating. He said that it must be pointed out to the person by others around him.

The jury at the inquest recognized the possible connection of the violence to Prozac and ruled that "the effects of the 'drugs Mr. Wesbecker was taking may have been a contributory factor" to the rampage.(12)

In early 1990 ten survivors of Wesbecker's rampage petitioned Congress to look into the violence-inducing nature of Prozac, and to determine whether other cases of violence across the country have been precipitated by the drug as well.(13)

On January 13, 1989, in Madison, Wisconsin, Catherine Rouse murdered another person and then committed suicide. According to the coroners Rouse had a therapeutic level of Prozac in her blood at the time she went berserk.(14)

Despite the evidence which shows that Prozac generates violence and suicides the manufacturer of the drug has refused to issue a warning to the millions who have been exposed to the irresponsible hype about the drug. As a result many more Americans will be turned hostile, violent and suicidal by the drug unless action is taken now to bring this warning to the public.

This information was originally printed and distributed as a public service by the Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR), Clearwater, Florida. CCHR has been investigating and exposing psychiatric violations of human rights since 1969.

Footnotes:

1. FDA Spontaneous Reporting System printout on Prozac dated 10 October 1989, and on Elavil dated 14 November 1989, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act from the FDA.

2. An in-depth description of akathisia is presented at Theodore Van Puttent "The Many Faces of Akathisia", Comprehensive Psychiatry, Vol. XVI (January/February 1975), pp. 43-47.

3. Martin H. Teicher, et al, "Emergence of Intense Suicidal Preoccupation During Fluoxetine Treatment," The American Journal of Psychiatry, Vol. 147, No. 2, (February 1990) pp. 207-210.

4. J. Lipinski and others, "Fluoxetine-induced akathisia: clinical and theoretical implications," Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, Vol. 50 (September 1989), pp. 339-342.

5. Affidavit of Janet Sims of 16 March 1990, on file with CCHR.

6. Drug Experience Report on Prozac (f luoxetine), Accession numbers 89050703603271, 89070703600341, 89090703600241 respectively released under FOIA from the Food and Drug Administration.

7. "Toxicology Sheet of Joseph Wesbecker" prepared by Dr. Richard Greathouse, Coroner of Jefferson County, Kentucky.

8. Transcript of Proceedings Jefferson County Coroner's Inquest, November 22, 1989, pp. 291-292.

9. Drug Experience Report on Prozac (fluoxetine), Accession numbers 89040703607252, 89070703601481, 89080703602421, 88070703600181 respectively, released under FOIA from the Food and Drug Administration.

10. Drug Experience Report on Prozac (fluoxetine), Accession number 88070703690341, released under FOIA from the Food and Drug Administration.

11. Transcript of Proceedings, Jefferson County Coroner's Inquest, November 22, 1989, pp. 253-254.

12. Jefferson County Coroner's Inquest findings of November 22, 1989.

13. Letter from Wesbecker survivors to Senators and Representatives, dated January 30, 1990.

14. Coroner's Investigation of Death/Inquisition, Dane County Coroner's office, pertaining to the deaths of Catherine Rouse and Joan Kebick, January 13, 1990.

This information was originally printed and distributed as a public service by the Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR), Clearwater, Florida. CCHR has been investigating and exposing psychiatric violations of human rights since 1969.
Suggested Reading:
Talking Back to Prozac by Peter R. Breggin, M.D.

Brain-Disabling Treatments in Psychiatry : Drugs, Electroshock, and the Role of the FDA Today! by Peter R. Breggin, M.D.

Toxic Psychiatry : Why Therapy, Empathy, and Love Must Replace the Drugs, Electroshock, and Biochemical Theories of the New Psychiatry by Peter R. Breggin, M.D.

The Manufacture of Madness : A Comparative Study of the Inquisition and the Mental Health Movements by Thomas S. Szasz, M.D., Professor

Law, Liberty, and Psychiatry : An Inquiry into the Social Uses of Mental Health Practices by Thomas S. Szasz, M.D., Professor

Bedlam : Greed, Profiteering, and Fraud in a Mental Health System Gone Crazy by Joe Sharkey

The Limits of Biological Treatments for Psychological Distress by Seymour Fisher and Roger P. Greenberg

Physician's Desk Reference (PDR)

Psychiatric Drugs: Hazards to the Brain by Peter R. Breggin, M.D.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 4:12 pm

http://ssristories.com/index.php

here is just a snippet from this page.....

School Shooting Prozac WITHDRAWAL 2008-02-15 Illinois ** 6 Dead: 15 Wounded: Perpetrator Was in Withdrawal from Med & Acting Erratically
School Shooting Prozac Antidepressant 2005-03-24 Minnesota **10 Dead: 7 Wounded: Dosage Increased One Week before Rampage
School Shooting Paxil [Seroxat] Antidepressant 2001-03-10 Pennsylvania **14 Year Old GIRL Shoots & Wounds Classmate at Catholic School
School Shooting Zoloft Antidepressant & ADHD Med 2011-07-11 Alabama **14 Year Old Kills Fellow Middle School Student
School Shooting Zoloft Antidepressant 1995-10-12 South Carolina **15 Year Old Shoots Two Teachers, Killing One: Then Kills Himself
School Shooting Med For Depression 2009-03-13 Germany **16 Dead Including Shooter: Antidepressant Use: Shooter in Treatment For Depression
School Hostage Situation Med For Depression 2010-12-15 France **17 Year Old with Sword Holds 20 Children & Teacher Hostage
School Shooting Plot Med For Depression WITHDRAWAL 2008-08-28 Texas **18 Year Old Plots a Columbine School Attack

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 4:31 pm

Janissy wrote:

We will find out when the trial gets underway. And if this is an SSRI side effect, the pharmas should be accountable too, not just him.

Personally I doubt it. Many **medication reaction/discontinuation shooting sprees** have already occurred in the last decades..... the stuff is still on the shelves

I'm glad your daughter is okay

Holmes may have been a crackhead instead. Who knows.... but I doubt some of the truths about meds will enter the public domain

Last edited by Surfman on 29 Jul 2012, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 4:36 pm

Surfman wrote:
Janissy wrote:

We will find out when the trial gets underway......

Personally I doubt it. Many **medication reaction/discontinuation shooting sprees** have already occurred in the last decades..... the stuff is still on the shelves

I'm glad your daughter is okay

Holmes may have been a crack head too

To people wondering what Surfman is quoting from- I wrote a post and then deleted it because it contained too much personal information about my daughter. All the important stuff is in Surfman's posts anyway. We need a national discussion about what is an unacceptable medication side effect.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 5:00 pm

It's most likely that people who're disturbed are going to be taking medication rather than the medication being a key component of such.

Can't say I've ever felt any increase in anger levels from my usual Care Bear, docile self, since taking an SSRI. But then, I'm not disturbed.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 5:08 pm

This is the argument drug company legal teams use.....

JesseCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2012, 5:11 pm

Dillogic wrote:
It's most likely that people who're disturbed are going to be taking medication rather than the medication being a key component of such.

Can't say I've ever felt any increase in anger levels from my usual Care Bear, docile self, since taking an SSRI. But then, I'm not disturbed.

Same here. I was put on a low dose of Fluoxetine, and for the past 6 months, I've been much happier, my depression has drastically lifted, and I have been able to cope. It depends on the person. In my case, it's helped. In other cases, some people are just going to fly off the handle no matter what drugs they are given. Personally, I don't have homicidal or violent tendencies, so there's no concern in terms of me doing harm to others.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 5:15 pm

Matt62 wrote:
Historically, most of these mass killers TO tend to be paranoid schizophrenics. I am not aware of any sociopaths ever having committed this kind of crime. They DO commit murder, but its for women or money, other material or mundane excuses & motives.
When we own up in this country that SOME (very FEW!) Mentally ill people DO comit truly horrible crimes because of their delusions & anger we will be one step closer to ending this (its not a common thing, jus played up by the media)type of thing. Enforcing the Brady Law likely could have prevented this tragedy. It certainly could have prevented the one last year in Arizona. That person was a paranoid schizophrenic that was clearly going off the rails, yet no one got him treatment & he had access to some pretty potent firearms. Arizona set the scene for their own tragedy..
No, this guy did not have Asperger's that much is true. However, let's not lie to each other just because we fear being lumped in with one type of ill person. Delusional people, can, will, & DO commit henious acts of extreme violence if allowed access to the weapons that allow them to do so.. A person with a box-cutter, knife, even an axe could be stopped with a taser or pepper spray. Not so a guy with an auto-matic firearm!

Sincerely,
Matthew

I think trying to sterotype people with any type of mental disorder as potential killers, because of their mental illness is screwed up.

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jul 2012, 5:26 pm

I was put on Prozac for depression at university and went from passive and easy going to hitting on guy with a table and holding another up by his throat over the balcony. It depends on the person though I think.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 5:31 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

I think trying to sterotype people with any type of mental disorder as potential killers, because of their mental illness is screwed up.

Stereotypes do have a place within our lexicon of understanding.

You recently stereotyped alcohol out of your habits? We often make stereotypical comments about NT's... and aspies....

Regarding mental illness and murder, historically some observations were made to a murderers thumb, or a murderers forehead....

Pitbulls are such nice dogs....

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2012, 9:02 am

He apparently liked the red hair of a prostitute he hired. Maybe that led him to his reddish-orange hair dye, although he used an unnatural color and hers was natural.
One week before the shooting, he met with another and seemed distressed. He had a desire to talk with both of them, and I remember a report about another person he wanted to meet with (which he found through one of those sites he used) which although stated that he wanted to talk (eventhough the purpose of this site was another).
(1, 2)

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 1:01 pm

Its not really a sterotype, if its factual. One thing I do know, if this guy was getting psychiatric help, he was no sociopath. They lack that insight, & seldom seek aid. This one can be safely ruled out.
Sorry, but senseless mass-killings most often ( & despite what it sounds like, these incidents are pretty darn rare!)do occur from severely deluded individuals & those undergoing psychotic breaks. Its not a sterotype actually, its just the fact. My only beef is that people like this find acquiring weapons that should be MILITARY only very easy to acquire. Frankly, return & enforecement of the Brady Law would have prevented the Arizona mass shooting. Probably here as well., This country needs to wake up to the fact there are people who do not need to own assault rifles! Australia did this after a large group of people were slaughtered at a Mcdonalds some years back. No such mass killing has occured there since.
And we need to stop the knne jerk defensiviness I see here just because we fear ASDs could be lumped with these people. I sincerely doubt an autistic woud do anything like this. But a paranoid schizophrenic with severe depression or a bad drug reaction could.

Sincerely,
Matthew

angelbear
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 4:38 pm

I doubt if we will hear anything about an official diagnosis for him for awhile. Sounds like the court is trying to keep all of that under wraps. That notebook probably has a lot in it, and it sounds like they are not going to allow that to be let out to the public. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 10:22 pm

Surfman wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Stereotypes do have a place within our lexicon of understanding.

You recently stereotyped alcohol out of your habits? We often make stereotypical comments about NT's... and aspies....

Regarding mental illness and murder, historically some observations were made to a murderers thumb, or a murderers forehead....

Pitbulls are such nice dogs....

What do you mean stereotyped alcohol out of my habits? it had nothing to do with stereotypes...I felt I'd be better off if I quit drinking so much, I don't like what it was doing to me so I quit makes sense to me. That doesn't mean I think alcohol is the devil or anything, I just have no interest in continuing to drink it on a regular basis besides if I kept drinking the way I was I am quite sure it would have led to an unpleasant death and many unpleasant situations.

Anyways back to the topic the point I was trying to make is treating someone who has not even committed a crime as a potential crimminal probably does not help that person feel more welcome and less alienated. But whatever no one has to agree, I just am bothered a lot by that assumption...so I guess I get a bit carried away ranting about it.

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jul 2012, 7:27 am

angelbear wrote:
I doubt if we will hear anything about an official diagnosis for him for awhile. Sounds like the court is trying to keep all of that under wraps. That notebook probably has a lot in it, and it sounds like they are not going to allow that to be let out to the public. Guess we will have to wait and see.

That's definitely true. All will come out in tiny, little steps.
Here's a good article about mental illness and stigma in relation to this incident:
Times