Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Brock
Raven
Raven

02 Nov 2012, 4:22 am

Ok so Asperger's.... I have this strange theory.

Think of all of a person's subconscious actions. Speaking, walking, sensing emotions in others, etc.

And think of all of a person's conscious behaviors. Working, doing math, etc.

Most people have a (kind of) barrier between these two types of processes in their brain.

Now, if you take that conscious/subconscious line and blur it, letting the two types of processes cross over and bleed into each other...

...you get someone with Autism/Asperger's. Does anyone else feel like this makes sense?

Please try to understand what I mean before shooting this theory down. It's not a scientific theory.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 4:52 am

Brock wrote:
Ok so Asperger's.... I have this strange theory.

Think of all of a person's subconscious actions. Speaking, walking, sensing emotions in others, etc.

And think of all of a person's conscious behaviors. Working, doing math, etc.

Most people have a (kind of) barrier between these two types of processes in their brain.

Now, if you take that conscious/subconscious line and blur it, letting the two types of processes cross over and bleed into each other...

...you get someone with Autism/Asperger's. Does anyone else feel like this makes sense?

Please try to understand what I mean before shooting this theory down. It's not a scientific theory.

I think the line is sometime blurry for everyone.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 8:38 am

When you take down the barrier between the conscious and unconscious mind, schizophrenia results (imo).

Where do you think all of those hallucinated images and sounds originate from, anyway?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 8:42 am

You actually on to something I believe.

Autistics are less grounded into their bodies neurologically than nt's. This is why we do so much strange behavior because of our mind body disconnect.

Regular folk are totally intergrated with their bodies, meaning their unable to distinguish between there idea's and their body as easily as we are. Which is why we need to zone out to be smart, and yet they seem to have to zone in for the same ability.

Brock
Raven
Raven

02 Nov 2012, 9:01 am

I feel like the "talents" are attributed to this as well. Certain things that require concentration in other people seem to come naturally in me/us/aspies/whatever.

I feel too that I am often aware of things I need to do but can't make the conscious effort to do them. I sometimes sit in one place and tell myself "get up and go to the bank, you need to go to the bank. Why am I not going to the bank yet?"

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 9:05 am

Brock wrote:
I feel like the "talents" are attributed to this as well. Certain things that require concentration in other people seem to come naturally in me/us/aspies/whatever.

I feel too that I am often aware of things I need to do but can't make the conscious effort to do them. I sometimes sit in one place and tell myself "get up and go to the bank, you need to go to the bank. Why am I not going to the bank yet?"
This is simply a product of being disconnected from your body.

If you don't percieve time by how your body feels, but what your mind thinks your obviously gonna have skewed perceptioon of time.

Brock
Raven
Raven

02 Nov 2012, 9:05 am

Fnord wrote:
When you take down the barrier between the conscious and unconscious mind, schizophrenia results (imo).

Where do you think all of those hallucinated images and sounds originate from, anyway?

I don't mean physical barriers that keep creatures from escaping. (Though that would be cool) I mean more so everyday things. I am clumsy, as are many like me. Balance is normally a subconscious thing that we have to deal with in our conscious mind.

You know what I mean?

Brock
Raven
Raven

02 Nov 2012, 9:09 am

Stoek wrote:
Brock wrote:

This is simply a product of being disconnected from your body.

If you don't percieve time by how your body feels, but what your mind thinks your obviously gonna have skewed perceptioon of time.

Whatever it is, I feel like I have to think about and other people seem to do it naturally. My dad thinks I'm so lazy. Imagine hearing that excuse. "My conscious mind won't let me do that, dad!"