Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

idonthaveanickname
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jul 2017, 3:37 pm

I'm just curious, any daydreamers out there? Does it get so bad that it interferes with your everyday life? I daydream all the time and sometimes it gets in the way of what I'm trying to get done. I know it's a common trait of Asperger's.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 5:14 pm

Yes, I have the same problem(?) Not sure if I consider it a 'problem', because I enjoy escaping into my own little world, but it definitely can lead to dysfunction, because I don't want to come out of it.

I view it as a hobby much like any other (I enjoy writing stories as well, it's not so different from that) - and as long as you keep it reasonably under control, and it's not causing huge problems in your life, I think it's perfectly okay.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 7:23 pm

I do it quite a bit to the point where I'm almost in a trance.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 10:15 am

I'm a huge daydreamer. I tend to be off in my own little world all of the time, I've been told.

Sameen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Jul 2017, 5:06 pm

Yes, a lot. I'm an owl and can't get started first thing in the morning. I prefer to sit with a cup of coffee and dream
instead of getting stuck into the things that need doing. They can wait until later. For me it's a pleasant occupation.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 11:50 pm

I'm always by myself in my own world thinking about things I find interesting.
Analyzing, hypothesizing, trying to understand.

I get obsessed with things and can't stop thinking and want to find more and more information about things I get interested in so I have more to think about.
And then a lot of time goes by and I've been in my head thinking and haven't gotten anything else done.

It's my default to be in my own world rather than in the real world.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 9:03 am

Definitely. I daydream of meeting Denis Istomin and writing his life story. I am planning what to ask him if I meet him.