Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 3:51 am

My hair is a light color, and I have green eyes - with no brown, just pure green.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 4:06 am

That's just coincidence. I'm an Aspie and I have blonde hair and blue eyes, and a lot of people in my family are blonde hair and blue eyes, so I never thought of it like that. AS doesn't have any physical differences, we inherit physical features from our family. My brain may be wired a little differently but that doesn't mean to say everything else on me is also different, I am physically normal. Even people with Down's don't have a common colour hair.

When watching documentaries or meeting various people on the spectrum in my life, I have noticed that most of them have blonde hair, but that still doesn't make me think that Aspies are blonde, it's just a coincidence.

It seems that most people with brown eyes have an extroverted way about them, but I can't prove that, and it's probably not true, it just so happens that I know more brown-eyed people who have an extroverted personality. But not everything's 50:50, there is no rule, if I had 10 friends it's not like 5 of them are going to be blonde and 5 of them are going to be darker, might happen sometimes but generally it doesn't have to happen.

Quote:
I think there are a few aspie "looks" but they're in the eyes and general expression, and the way the person cares (or doesn't care) for their appearance, not the specific hair/eye color etc. There are so many different people in the world who have Asperger's, it's not possible for us all to look that alike.

I agree.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 12:17 pm

My skin is darker than the rest of my family. I definately do not have pale skin.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 12:35 pm

I saw a guy at the mall the other day who was obviously autistic, but it was the look on his face ("OMFG get me out of here") and the fanny pack that gave him away. :D

donryanocero
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Aug 2012, 12:52 pm

Esperanza wrote:
I saw a guy at the mall the other day who was obviously autistic, but it was the look on his face ("OMFG get me out of here") and the fanny pack that gave him away. :D

You've got something there! Methinks the rest is BS! I say start a photos thread and collect lotsa data!

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 1:00 pm

I definitely don't fit that description; I'm black.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjuB4 ... WnSA552Xjg

NatureLover
Raven
Raven

05 Aug 2012, 2:46 pm

I've been told that I look serious, blank, confused, sad, depressed, and even mad. Even when I think I have a big smile on my face, people say I have to smile more than that. Sometimes I'm not aware of my facial expressions, nor do I know how to express it. I always look "negative" so this could be what Aspies have in common with their faces.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 2:52 pm

NatureLover wrote:
I've been told that I look serious, blank, confused, sad, depressed, and even mad. Even when I think I have a big smile on my face, people say I have to smile more than that. Sometimes I'm not aware of my facial expressions, nor do I know how to express it. I always look "negative" so this could be what Aspies have in common with their faces.
Ok, this fits me; others have told me that they think I lookef sad etc., and most of the time I don't even know what my own facial expresdions are, either.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjuB4 ... WnSA552Xjg

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 2:53 pm

We would need a series of pics to evaluate/or refute this hypothesis. Anyone want to try? However, I am camera shy.
Aside from a "zoned out" or distracted face, I do not really by it, though I am begining to pick up those on the spectrum in social areanas. They usually stand near the exits for example!
Seriously, I am just told that females have always found me "Creepy"
BTW, I have brown hair & grey eyes. The eyes obviously come from my Fay side of the family! ( Less than serious here.)

Sincerely,
Matthew

aspiekelly
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Aug 2012, 6:11 pm

Mum thinks there's a look, and I agree there is a certain "look" for people on the spectrum.

aging
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2012, 6:18 pm

i think it's in the eyes. i noticed that i can see something in people with asperger's but maybe i'm just paranoid

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 9:26 pm

I think that if there is a look that could be called an "aspie look", it's similarities in the expressions and not necessarily any anatomical features.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2012, 10:00 pm

aging wrote:
i think it's in the eyes. i noticed that i can see something in people with asperger's but maybe i'm just paranoid

Yeah, we wizards so we have, like :D
mana in the eyes :D :D
and it leaks!!!1111 XD

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 11:27 pm

Well, I was about to doubt my AS because of my blond hair and smallish blue eyes, and then I remembered Daryl Hannah - who I'm told I look like - is supposed to be on the spectrum. :lol:

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 11:31 pm

Yes.

It's the lack of nonverbal cues.

Steven_Tyler77
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Aug 2012, 5:16 am

I don't know, I don't fit any stereotype. I have bags under my eyes, but they're due to my sleep deprivation. I have brown hair and hazel eyes, but so do most of the people in my country, hardly anything unusual.

But I do wear unstyled hair and androgynous clothes. And I stim all the time and zone out all the time when I'm alone. I zone out sometimes even when I'm with other people. That's when they start asking me if I'm okay, because I look very preoccupied or sad. If I don't zone out, I am a very lively person and have lots of (exaggerated) facial expressions...

Aspie-quiz results:
Aspie score: 138 of 200 / NT score: 78 of 200 => Very likely an Aspie.