Dr Phil: Mother who hates her autistic daughter

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ensiferum
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Nov 2012, 9:11 am

Check out CK Louis videos about his daughter, NT children are just as annoying.

People generally cope in regards to their children, she has some idea that her situation is very different and it looks like she wants sympathy from other people.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:08 pm

What I got out of it was she was fine and happy until she found out her daughter "wasn't normal" and then things went downhill from there because Julia was not her ideal child she wanted. I bet if she were NT, her mother would still be disappointed in her because even NT children are not always the kind of child you want. I had no idea that was a narcissistic trait.

I also wondered why Julia is "mean to her? Is it because her mother abuses her or does she abuse her because she is "mean" to her? How is she "mean" to her? The show was pretty vague about it because it was all about the mother, not about autism.

Also saying she turned out fine because her own mother abused her and the left her, yeah right. I think repeating what your own mother did to you means you didn't turn out fine. If she truly turned out fine, she wouldn't be doing what her own mother did. That is where I felt sorry for her and I read that NPD is caused by what happens in childhood and how they grew up and they develop that personality.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 3:57 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
My mum wanted a trophy daughter for a firstborn and she ended up with Mick Avory Jr. I can see why she'd be disappointed. She can't take it out on me anymore. She won't be telling me to live in the present or be more feminine anymore, because I stood up for what I believe in.

Good for you! :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 11:21 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
My mum wanted a trophy daughter for a firstborn and she ended up with Mick Avory Jr. I can see why she'd be disappointed. She can't take it out on me anymore. She won't be telling me to live in the present or be more feminine anymore, because I stood up for what I believe in.

Good for you! :D

:D