What was autism called in ancient times?

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

M02
Raven
Raven

19 Jan 2007, 12:03 pm

What about the king's fool? The fool had to be very intelligent and funny or goofy. Often the King would ask the fool what he thought about someone's opinion. He might have the most honest and logical answer to the problem. He would not be interested in impressing anyone or lying and be very very loyal to the king. Sometimes the fool would say the wrong thing and end up losing his head as punishment if he angered the king.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 9:35 pm

I cannot imagine aspies being conformist monks at all. The very notion of conforming to within a tight social setting would just make me throw a tantrum after tantrum. But I could easily imagine ancient aspies being hermit radical philosophers which may only reach some pinacle of fame long after they are dead, and the rest of the world only begins to fully embrace their concepts to what at first were dismissed as gibberish manuscripts become brilliant ideas which revolutionize the world.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 10:10 pm

paulsinnerchild, I feel that you're overgeneralizing.
Some aspies are too far out of the norm, and others are thought ill of because they lean *too close* toward's society's ideal of what a human being should be: Smart, law-abiding, etc.