High School male with AS stabs classmate.

Page 1 of 11 [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 4:34 pm

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO40534/

They are making the kid with AS out to be the bad guy. He was teased and took a stand. Good for him, now I bet the NT's won't screw with him anymore.

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2007, 4:37 pm

Don't try to justify murder.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 4:41 pm

He died because he pushed the kid with AS too far. he should not have teased him, if he treated the person with AS with respect and not screw with him, he would still be alive.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 4:41 pm

The report doesn't mention anything about him having Asperger's Syndrome. Even so, murdering people (unless in self-defence) is never really justifiable.

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2007, 4:42 pm

While the kid who died unquestionably did some wrong things, he still shouldn't have been killed.

Active_Guy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Jan 2007, 4:42 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 4:47 pm

Tequila wrote:
The report doesn't mention anything about him having Asperger's Syndrome. Even so, murdering people (unless in self-defence) is never really justifiable.

Yes it does mention he has AS, 6th paragraph. From what I saw on the news, the kid with AS did not mean the other person to die, he just was trying to get him to stop doing what he was doing. I'm proud of the person with AS for standing up for himself, but he is being made the bad guy.

Last edited by KenM on 19 Jan 2007, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active_Guy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Jan 2007, 4:48 pm

Tequila wrote:

It does : "Odgren's attorney, Jonathan Shapiro, said Odgren has Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism, and has been taking medications for many years."

Anyway I think it's pointless and misleading considering this tragedy as a AS Vs. NT thing. Hate can only breed hate.

alex
Developer
Developer

19 Jan 2007, 4:49 pm

i dont see how it's ever OK to stab someone.

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 4:51 pm

The bastard deserved it! I was bullied myself and they suddenly went nutso when I gave one of the bullies a broken nose...

Though the years they tormented me went unnoticed...

Needless to say I've been in a similar situation so I take the AS kids side.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 4:57 pm

This is sad. I AM glad they didn't mention AS in the video. BTW the AS student COULD end up being treated as an adult for MURDER! His only hope is the stupid misplaced charity based on age, or the effects of the drugs he is taking.

Steve

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2007, 5:20 pm

KenM wrote:
Tequila wrote:

Yes it does mention he has AS, 6th paragraph. From what I saw on the news, the kid with AS did not mean the other person to die, he just was trying to get him to stop doing what he was doing. I'm proud of the person with AS for standing up for himself, but he is being made the bad guy.

Violence is never the answer (except in self-defense).

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 5:33 pm

Dart wrote:

So it makes how he treated the person with AS ok? The kid with AS was sick and tired of being pushed around. He pushed back and now he is in jail for standing up for himself. That kid deserved it, I hope he is burning in hell for messing with someone else.

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2007, 5:38 pm

KenM wrote:
Dart wrote:

So it makes how he treated the person with AS ok? The kid with AS was sick and tired of being pushed around. He pushed back and now he is in jail for standing up for himself. That kid deserved it, I hope he is burning in hell for messing with someone else.

*sigh*

No it doesn't make the way he treated the person with AS okay. It just means that violence wasn't the appropriate response. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 5:42 pm

Mostly I'd agree with you but if anyone seriously harmed, sexually assaulted or murdered a member of my family they would die for it. I'm not letting the justice system lock them up so they can be out in three years (seriously!) so they can hurt someone else.

alex
Developer
Developer

19 Jan 2007, 5:49 pm

KenM wrote:
Dart wrote:

he's in jail because he's a murderer. that kid didn't deserve to die. so, he bullied someone. Everyone makes mistakes. doesn't mean they should be murdered.