Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 8:00 am

I have, and it was terrible. It was like I was placed into hell, with worm going around and around in my gut. I often thought I could relieve it by getting up and walking, but that wouldn't work, and I had to go back and lie down. I was in the hospital one night and experienced this, but the nurses refused to offer any palliatives like Benadryl or to call a doctor to ask for permission to do so, so I was awake the whole night, feeling that worm turning and turning, getting up, lying down, trying to lie as still as possible.

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 8:03 am

Yes, on numerous occasions. The only relief was smoking an Indica strain of marijuana. I get them when I have to stop smoking pot for a while, I usually try to medicate carefully but I still build a tolerance and have to take breaks.

Sorry to hear you have this too! :( Anything you find that helped at all?

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

03 Apr 2014, 8:05 am

I experienced a lot of that when my panic disorder was full blown and completely disabling.

Also under other conditions. Not good.

NicholasName
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Apr 2014, 8:27 am

Ugh, too many times to count. I take Tylenol for if it's mild enough that I can wait for it to take effect. More severe and I run for the Ativan.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 9:00 am

Yes, I've had it as a reaction to various drugs and it's horrible!

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 12:39 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
Yes, I've had it as a reaction to various drugs and it's horrible!

Same here, as a side effect of antipsychotics. Most antipsychotics I've taken have put me in this state. When I was in the hospital as stated in the OP, it was risperidone that was the culprit. The only antipsychotic that I know for sure does not is olanzapine (but that carries other side effects like weight gain and somnolence for me). I hope I don't ever have to go on antipsychotics again, that's for sure!

Wind
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 5:29 pm

I experience that worm in gut feeling too, and often in my arms and legs. Can't sit still :(

Empathy Quotient: 8
I have ASD, ADHD, Hypermobility Syndrome.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 7:41 pm

I've had it. When it's mild it feels a bit like nausea or the feeling I get when seeing something gruesome. When it get's bad it's like having feathers tickle the inside of my hands, arms, and chest. It's a really gross cringing experience.

InTheDeepEnd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Apr 2014, 7:50 pm

Restless Leg Syndrome runs in my family. I get spells of it. It's kind of similar. It can also be in the arms and I have had it there too. Got a severe case from an antipsychotic once, which also knocked me out, except I couldn't sleep because of that awful feeling, so I was walking around like a zombie. It's torture.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 1:19 am

Not only that, but has anybody experienced a sense of doom from their akathisia? When I get akathisia, it feels like it's going to last forever and stay the same or get worse, that all that is or will be good for me has gone from the world. Once I take my Benadryl, though, and it kicks in, peace returns and I can just lie in bed and the sense of doom is gone.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 9:43 am

I get a sense of how vulnerable we are as humans - sometimes our own bodies turn against us. I remember when my father was dying of cancer and his body was being eaten up and transformed with him still inside it.

graywyvern
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 2:13 pm

at pretty long & irregular intervals. it's worst when i need to have slept. when i was younger i would just haul off & walk 8 or 10 miles without stopping.

sometimes getting drunk is a good idea; other times it only makes you antsy PLUS clumsy.

probably a lengthy steambath would treat it best, but who can just jump into one at a moment's notice?

reasoning." --William Blake

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 2:55 pm

beneficii wrote:
Not only that, but has anybody experienced a sense of doom from their akathisia? When I get akathisia, it feels like it's going to last forever and stay the same or get worse, that all that is or will be good for me has gone from the world. Once I take my Benadryl, though, and it kicks in, peace returns and I can just lie in bed and the sense of doom is gone.

I had a case the "doom" feeling when I accidentally took triple my normal dose of Latuda. It started with that obnoxious tickle, but then after it waned and I had completely tired myself, the tickle and restlessness went away and was replaced with a feeling of being very very VERY sad. It felt like someone close to me just died and I couldn't stop crying. I've never felt such doom and hopelessness for no reason. I think I was close to throwing up as well. Awful awful awful. I was so desperate for the doom and sadness to stop I took a couple extra Adderrall to make me "perk up". I now stopped taking latuda completely. f**k that drug. I now read that a dopamine blockage can cause a sudden loss of "meaning" and grief-like sadness if the wrong receptors are being inhibited.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 6:12 pm

beneficii wrote:
I have, and it was terrible. It was like I was placed into hell, with worm going around and around in my gut. I often thought I could relieve it by getting up and walking, but that wouldn't work, and I had to go back and lie down. I was in the hospital one night and experienced this, but the nurses refused to offer any palliatives like Benadryl or to call a doctor to ask for permission to do so, so I was awake the whole night, feeling that worm turning and turning, getting up, lying down, trying to lie as still as possible.

I have.

It was caused by Zoloft, and it really sucked.

It felt like liquid fire running through my body. Moving around didn't help. My psychiatrist pulled me off that stuff really quick and it cleared up.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)