Seeing differant colors through each eye.

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ramsus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2007, 11:27 pm

So, anywho, I've always wondered about this. I know it's not necessarily normal, or at least not from what I've gathered. Furthermore, I doubt it's AS related. Regardless!

Does anyone else see through differant shades of color in each eye?

In my left, I see blues/greens.
In my right, I see reds/yellows.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

30 May 2007, 11:29 pm

No but seems you could watch 3-d movies with no glasses.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

30 May 2007, 11:30 pm

Yes! Sort of. With one eye everything has a coolish tinge, while the other eye gives everything more of a warm look. It's quite subtle.

cowlypso
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2007, 11:39 pm

Dude!! ! Yes!! ! I asked the eye doctor (the real eye doctor, the opthalmologist, not the optometrist) about this once and he looked at me like I was absolutely nuts.

But I definitely have a slightly different tint in each eye. One eye sees things in more of a red tint, the other eye sees things in more of a green tint. Hard to notice a lot of the time, but it's there.

I do have astigmatism and I'm nearsighted. But I passed a neuro-opthalmologic exam with flying colors (I really should have asked that doctor!).

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 11:47 pm

Could this be related to colour-blindness? Some people are only very mildly colour blind and sometimes have difficulty distinguishing subtle shades of green from subtle shades of red. I wonder if it's possible to have one eye more colour-blind than the other, resulting in a perception that one eye sees more red and the other sees more green.

Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. I really have no idea. It's just a thought.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

31 May 2007, 12:01 am

I never really noticed but I have read that eating omega-3 fatty acids like fish oil can improve the richness of colors you see.

DingoDv
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 1:18 am

Yes, I too have slightly different shades (not different colours) and I attribute it to different desnitys of rods and cones at the back of each eye - we're not perfect beings so every organ will be slightly different, therefore this is perfectly feasable

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 1:28 am

Interesting. I'd assume the types of cones in each eye is different...unless it's a mental processing thing? But I'm guessing it's in the eye. Makes perfect sense to me that people could have that.

I think I see exactly the same thing in both eyes (beyond some floaters floating around...)

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 4:54 am

If I close one of my eyes, the colours seem slightly different to if I close the other one instead.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 5:51 am

WOW! As for the doctor, why do SO many doctors think they know everything when their very existence is because you CAN'T! Eye doctors are taught FROM DAY ONE that each eye is DIFFERENT and COMPLEX, and they should TEST EACH SEPERATELY! Why didn't that doctor simply give you a color test accordingly?

This DOES sound odd. It would require an odd distribution of rods/cones, or mental processing. Still, it is certainly possible. It must be comorbid. I see color fine in each eye.

Steve

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 6:02 am

Same here peeps .

Just thought it was normal :)

Cryowolf
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 May 2007, 6:06 am

Nope, perfectly normal here.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 8:43 am

The left side looks slightly redder, the right side looks slightly greener.

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 9:17 am

I have different colour perception in each eye. It's very subtle, but definitely there. It's more to do with intensity of colour rather than differences in colour.

Ramsus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2007, 9:25 am

In mine I see totally differant colors through each eye, but when I use both I'm fine. I'm not color blind in anyway. I always ace those color tests. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if the way I see things differs from normal. However, I really have no way of knowing that.

AdrianB
Toucan
Toucan

31 May 2007, 10:36 am

Huh?
Isn't this normal?

One eye has this cool, turned-down-colors look and the other has this warm, saturated-colors look.