Seeing differant colors through each eye.

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AdrianB
Toucan
Toucan

31 May 2007, 10:36 am

Huh?
Isn't this normal?

One eye has this cool, turned-down-colors look and the other has this warm, saturated-colors look.

thoca
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2007, 10:56 am

Ramsus wrote:
Does anyone else see through differant shades of color in each eye?

I perceive color differently with my two eyes. It is quite a subtile difference, except
under bright lights. No one has ever believed me.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 2:24 pm

As I said I am just the same as the last few people .

Maybe it's normal to have slightly different colour views with each eye.

Ramsus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2007, 3:42 pm

Maybe. Though nobody I've ever spoken with before has had this.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 5:34 pm

No problem with colors - but my vision is not correctable to 20/20 in one eye.

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 6:26 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
Yes! Sort of. With one eye everything has a coolish tinge, while the other eye gives everything more of a warm look. It's quite subtle.

a hundred percent my situation. but since i am very dependent on my dominant right eye, i dont notice anything about it really.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2007, 5:26 am

Yes I agree ........... the exact same for me ! !

gwenevyn wrote:
Yes! Sort of. With one eye everything has a coolish tinge, while the other eye gives everything more of a warm look. It's quite subtle.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 7:21 pm

Ramsus wrote:
So, anywho, I've always wondered about this. I know it's not necessarily normal, or at least not from what I've gathered. Furthermore, I doubt it's AS related. Regardless!

Does anyone else see through differant shades of color in each eye?

In my left, I see blues/greens.
In my right, I see reds/yellows.

---

Yes.

One of my eyes sees white as pure white yet the other eye as very slightly off white.
One of my eyes sees red as red yet the other eye sees red as closer to a shade of orange.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 7:50 pm

Like many people here I have never been able to convince anyone that my eyes perceive the world differently, nor have I found anyone that has noticed the same until now. I believe this is because NTs are less inclined to examine the world the way that we do.

My right eye appears to have a red filter over it when compared to the left.

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 8:19 pm

In the sun, one eye sees my arms as peachy-looking and the other as washed out. I always figured it was just a matter of one eye being a little more in the shade.

NOT A DOCTOR

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 9:25 pm

i believe there is a reason for this, at least in its subtle permutations (slightly different colours in each eye). i think it has something to do with our binocular vision - if the colours were identical in each eye, we would not see in our usual three dimensions (like 3D glasses). don't remember where i read this.

in an extreme form (only certain colours in each eye), i have no idea why or how it would come about. perhaps an opthalmologist would know.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 11:33 pm

I have this slightly, too.

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 11:44 pm

It's weird for me. Right now it's not like this, but I know what you're talking about... I think. Sometimes one eye will be more blue-ish and the other will be more red-ish.

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 12:48 am

For a while, one of my eyes saw a tiny bit more blue, while one saw a tiny bit more red. Just like Dnuos said. They don't seem to do this as much since I had laser corrective surgery for my near-sightedness, but it's still slightly noticeable at times.

I do have red-green color blindness; I wonder if that's related at all. I currently work in electronics and I have trouble at times with red and green wires, and the red, green, and brown bands on resistors. Thank God for multimeters and my valuable skills at other parts of the job!

Blanketyblank
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Aug 2010, 3:02 am

I find this really interesting...I too perceive the intensity of colours differently in each eye, but i always put it down to an accident I had in my left eye when i was 4 which left a small scar and my pupil doesn't close as tight as my right. I have astigmatism in my left eye and recently was told that i have it in my right eye too, albeit slightly.

My depth perception is wierd too, i view the world like one of those 3D scene cards (the ones where certain bits are built up with another layer). My therapist thinks this is quite interesting :roll:

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 8:23 am

hyperlexian wrote:
i believe there is a reason for this, at least in its subtle permutations (slightly different colours in each eye). i think it has something to do with our binocular vision - if the colours were identical in each eye, we would not see in our usual three dimensions (like 3D glasses). don't remember where i read this.

It's our brain's processing + having two slightly different views that lets us perceive depth.

I'd assume most people see colors in both eyes identically (or close to it) though it makes sense it would be possible for the number or distribution of color receptors in both eyes not to be identical. Interesting too as it lets someone more easily understand how another person might see the world in different colors!