somedays do you feel more autistic/aspieish than others?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 12:36 pm

because today i do my mind is really hazy. i can feel myself staring into space more. and even my voice is different. i mean my voice isnt usually monotone but right now it seems more monotone tan usually. its weird. does this ever happen to to u guys?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 12:46 pm

In certain scenarios and around certain people, I feel more aspieish...and on certain days. Yesterday I had a hard time formulating a complete sentence that was not one of my memorised speeches that I have for customers behind the bar. It was a very bad day for small talk, and when some strange guy asked me what my name was, I pretended not to hear him so I wouldn't have to answer.

I am also more aspie-ish around my parents...(my mom is also very AS-ish)..so maybe there is a sort of ping of aspie vibes that happens...so all of my traits become amplified. I become very tense and overwhealmed..have a hard time talking...making eye-contact...physical contact...etc...i have great parents, I just have a hard time not feeling really tense around them.

RockoTDF
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2007, 12:49 pm

I get more aspie ish when I spend too much or not enough time around people.

giaam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2007, 1:51 pm

Know what you mean, but not necessarily why it happens. It has much to do with being around people and not having control over what happens. Some days I can only function in my own bubble, other times I can cope outside it :roll:

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 2:06 pm

RockoTDF wrote:

Exactly - me too! Also at the wrong time of the month....

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 2:06 pm

RockoTDF wrote:

Exactly - me too! Also if my blood sugar is low, or at the wrong time of the month....

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 3:03 pm

Yes, I have good days and bad days depending on how much mental stamina I have to relate to others verbally.

I think it is related to my general overall stamina and wellbeing. If I am tired or feeling rundown I find it more difficult to apply my mind to social situations.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 4:38 pm

I have those days, but I haven't has as many of them as I used to. I am borderline AS/NT.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

krex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 4:47 pm

Asparval wrote:
Yes, I have good days and bad days depending on how much mental stamina I have to relate to others verbally.

I think it is related to my general overall stamina and wellbeing. If I am tired or feeling rundown I find it more difficult to apply my mind to social situations.

Ditto.I call it my "good days"and "bad days" but it can also happen hour by hour.Oveload can cause brain freeze just as it would cause a computer to freeze if you are trying to get it to do to many tasks at once.Some days,based on how much rest I have had,how drained I am by the number of social things I have had to do that day or week...the computer will crash faster or slower.I think it is one of the difficult things when DXing AS....how well I function the day I go into to see someone can be a very different me on a "lower or higher functioning" day.I think it is also why NT's(family,bosses and friends)can misunderstand us.If they see us on our good days they start expecting us to me like that all the time,when we cant preform at that level do to sensory overloads or social burn out(that they dont experienc to the same degree),they presume we are not trying,being lazy or rude.Bit frustrating,that. :cry:

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

byrlawson
Raven
Raven

03 Aug 2007, 5:27 pm

blood sugar is the key for me, sleep and food rhythm is critical, no deviations allowed

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Aug 2007, 6:58 pm

Ravenclawgurl wrote:

because today i do my mind is really hazy. i can feel myself staring into space more. and even my voice is different. i mean my voice isnt usually monotone but right now it seems more monotone tan usually. its weird. does this ever happen to to u guys?

A couple of days ago I had a "silent migraine", just the "aura", no pain, no nausea. I felt like I was in a fog, I couldn't
maintain a steady train of thought. Then as mysteriously as it appeared it went away.Weird. 8O :?:

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 7:38 pm

Uh huh.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

03 Aug 2007, 7:43 pm

Some days I do indeed feel more "aspie ish" than others.
Somedays I will beable to sit in a classroom full of loud teenagers and just block it out and continue with my work.
On other days, I can't sit in the exactly same place without having a meltdown.

I don't know why this is, it just happens.
I know that today is one of my more "aspie ish" days, and it's the weekend.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 9:09 pm

Yes. I have been wanting to find out is whether this can be a feature of AS because I don't know whether they are due to AS or different disorder; bipolar disorder seems to have this sort of alternation between moods on a periodic basis.

nicklegends
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Aug 2007, 9:40 pm

I generally find that the more tired I am, the less I bother "acting" to be NT, so I kind of default back to aspie.

psychotic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Aug 2007, 12:31 am

when I'm around people who I don't trust I'm more fidgety and hyper... its like ADD plus. lately I've had trouble communicating in coherent sentences. I never used to have that problem very much... I'm 18 though so i don't know why I feel more and more confused, lost, and scatterbrained every day...