Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

jackknyc
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Sep 2007, 10:56 pm

I am a middle-aged man who has had problems socializing since childhood. I was diagnosed with ADD as an adult. Throughout my life I have had a few friends but I always had a problem when there was more than one other person. It's like I don’t have the energy to get involved in group discussions, I sometimes make a few funny remarks and people seem to think that I am nice But I will most always just keep quiet and listen to the others. I do enjoy being around other people but I choose to just listen and watch. A good example is my experience in AA. I loved going to meetings and the feeling that I never had to be alone but I never shared and I was only interested in speaking to attractive women. I did want people to know me so I did chair a few meetings and people did get to know my name. For the past few years I am living with my girlfriend. I like to know that she will be home at some point but when she is home I would rather just lay back and watch TV alone. I have very little or no sex drive but I try to have sex with my girlfriend about once a week. At the moment I have 1 friend who I met about 20 years ago. He started calling me and I make an effort to have a meal with him about once a month.. I was thinking about all this today and I decided to look on Goggle. I am finding things on Schizoid and on Asperger. I wonder if one of these might apply to me?
Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions,
Jack

psychotic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Sep 2007, 11:52 pm

do you have any other symptoms of Asperger's? try this test:

http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

Boutique
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Sep 2007, 2:39 am