Did you think everyone had a conspiracy against you?

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2017, 6:12 pm

When I was a kid and teen and into my young adulthood I thought everyone was always plotting against me so they were treating me different as a result of it. I swore I had the words "different" written all over me and people just automatically plotted against me by automatically rejecting me and treating me different. I even thought it was because my name was Beth so all the Beths in the world got picked on. :lol:

Did anyone else think this way because they knew about ASDs?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2017, 6:28 pm

I sort of felt this way as a kid.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2017, 6:35 pm

Not really, but I do think that I look like the most freakiest person in the world and strangers are staring and laughing at me all the time.

But not sure that's the same thing as thinking everyone's out to get you.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2017, 7:05 pm

I remember when I lived in Montana, I worked at a hotel and it was resort. I worked as picking up dirty linen from other housekeepers and dropping it off in the laundry room and going back to get more and I would always get complaints from guests. I thought it was because I had the words different written over me so they were plotting against me. I then started to wonder if they do this to all housekeepers so I started to ask my co workers and they said they have not ever gotten any complaints. I then started thinking maybe they only do this to people who collect dirty linen. :lol:

All I did was I minded my own business and I didn't ram my cart into anyone or call anyone names or flip anyone off or push anyone aside or push people out of the way with my cart and I didn't scream at anyone so what was the problem?

But I couldn't get my mind away from the fact that I had different written all over me so guests were complaining about me for no reason because I had these invisible words they picked up on. My mom didn't believe me because she told me they didn't even know I was different but I told her they do they wouldn't be complaining about me for no reason. She then said I didn't have a sign on me saying I have Asperger's so I don't know I am in their personal space. I asked her what did that even have to do with it and she said people with it don't understand personal space and I keep getting in their personal space. That was when I started to learn the rules about personal space and finally started to grasp it because it all of a sudden made sense. If you don't follow the personal space rules, this happens as a result. That took care of the problem. There was no plot against me. There was no picking on me and no targeting me. There was no invisible words on me. :lol:

This wasn't the only time I had ever thought everyone was out to get me.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2017, 8:41 pm

May not have ASD but I've often felt like part of conspiracy ( think the Trueman Show ). I don't think this happened to me as a kid , it started late teens when I started hanging out with new friends and took drugs to fit in. This only seems to happen when I have a breakdown/burnout which leads to psychosis and I start to lose touch with reality and it gets harder and harder to rationalise the coincidences that happen. I have been in support groups where I seriously doubted the other patients , I thought they were being paid to be there. I misinterpret everthing people say as if there is a double meaning to even innocuous statements and it usually ends up that the whole world ( or at least the people I know ) want me dead , so I usually try to oblige them but I fail at most things I do including suicide.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2017, 11:14 pm

I was once on the linen crew at a hotel, but never met the guests. I picked up from the maid's carts.
I was pretty oblivious to other people for a long time. I usually had one friend, though, and never wondered why we were not more popular.
Eventually, I realized that malicious gossip from my ex had ruined my luck where I still lived. Now I sometimes wonder if I'm being teased for amusement value when my PTSD hits, because newcomers are disposable in this community.

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 1:39 am

I was 11 when I first heard about ASD, and I immediately suspected (very strongly) that I have it. I was sure that there was a conspiracy amongst people I knew (who all knew I had ASD - it seemed impossible to me that nobody else could realise it) to keep my ASD a secret from me. I felt like I was part of some experiment to see how long it would take me to work it out. I mainly thought this because both my parents are medical professionals, and should be familiar with ASD - how could they have not realised or denied it for so long?

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 1:41 am

SaveFerris wrote:
May not have ASD but I've often felt like part of conspiracy ( think the Trueman Show ). I don't think this happened to me as a kid , it started late teens when I started hanging out with new friends and took drugs to fit in. This only seems to happen when I have a breakdown/burnout which leads to psychosis and I start to lose touch with reality and it gets harder and harder to rationalise the coincidences that happen. I have been in support groups where I seriously doubted the other patients , I thought they were being paid to be there. I misinterpret everthing people say as if there is a double meaning to even innocuous statements and it usually ends up that the whole world ( or at least the people I know ) want me dead , so I usually try to oblige them but I fail at most things I do including suicide.

I'm glad you failed at suicide, and I hope you're alright now. :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 1:42 am

I think there' a conspiracy theory going on against me right now. An old friend who turned on me is trying to turn Barb against me. She's an older woman in her 70s and she has Transphobic attitudes about the way that I dress. She's telling Barb to stop being my friend and to stop inviting me to come out with her and Dean in the evenings. She has this old school idea that people who are different should not have any friends and be included.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 1:45 am

FandomConnection wrote:
I was 11 when I first heard about ASD, and I immediately suspected (very strongly) that I have it. I was sure that there was a conspiracy amongst people I knew (who all knew I had ASD - it seemed impossible to me that nobody else could realise it) to keep my ASD a secret from me. I felt like I was part of some experiment to see how long it would take me to work it out. I mainly thought this because both my parents are medical professionals, and should be familiar with ASD - how could they have not realised or denied it for so long?

I had been seeing counsellors and going to self-help groups for many years before I finally recognized myself in a list of Aspie traits I saw when I was trying to look up my mother's quirks. It should have been an easy diagnosis for anyone with a paragraph of biography on me, but nobody had gone down a checklist.
People just see what they are looking for, almost every time.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 1:45 am

Not a conspiracy against me per se.

I just keep worrying that everyone is superior to me.

I'm probably not important enough to conspire against.

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 1:52 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think there' a conspiracy theory going on against me right now. An old friend who turned on me is trying to turn Barb against me. She's an older woman in her 70s and she has Transphobic attitudes about the way that I dress. She's telling Barb to stop being my friend and to stop inviting me to come out with her and Dean in the evenings. She has this old school idea that people who are different should not have any friends and be included.

That's a really unkind and strange idea. I've never heard of that idea before. :? I'll be your (online) friend if you ever need one. :D Hang in there!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 5:58 am

FandomConnection wrote:

I'm glad you failed at suicide, and I hope you're alright now. :D

I'm over the worse of it now thanks :D

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 7:18 am

I often think that people's intentions are aimed at me, to annoy or upset me. Like once when I was about to cross a road at a pedestrian crossing, a car (that shouldn't have been stopped where it was) suddenly reversed as I was behind it, and when I stepped back then walked round the front of the car, I saw the driver smirking as if he done it on purpose and thought it was funny. I really wish people wouldn't use their cars as toys like that because he could have caused a serious accident. I had the right of way as a pedestrian. He should not have been reversing over a pedestrian crossing.
He might have done that to whoever had been crossing at the time, but I do take these sorts of things personally and I think he just wanted to run me over because I am a target.

Auspergers
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2017, 7:25 am

Interesting topic. I've often felt like I'm on the 'outside' of things especially in groups socially, and some people are very quick to discriminate when you show any signs of being different. I've also often felt like I am unlucky and that bad things seem to happen to me more than to other people, but this is most likely due to clumsiness, and I felt this way before I had any idea what Autism even was, let alone that I had a form of it.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 8:11 am

Auspergers wrote:
Interesting topic. I've often felt like I'm on the 'outside' of things especially in groups socially, and some people are very quick to discriminate when you show any signs of being different. I've also often felt like I am unlucky and that bad things seem to happen to me more than to other people, but this is most likely due to clumsiness, and I felt this way before I had any idea what Autism even was, let alone that I had a form of it.

Just had to say , I like your name. It could potentialy lead to a funny thread linking Aspergers & your country e.g. Britspergers , Ruspergers , Thaispergers , then again maybe not :roll:

Edit: Do you ever say anything out loud or type it then realise how stoopid you sound.