Asperger's Syndrome - No Sense of Humor

Page 1 of 17 [ 262 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 8:53 am

Izaak wrote:
ahhh! just thought of the perfect example of my humour.

My friend was talking about getting a wii. I suggested he should wait for the next generation. The Nintendo poo.

He just looked at me askance while I pissed myself laughing.

That's a good one!

I know this wasn't funny, but about a year ago, there was a water-drinking contest somewhere in California called "Hold Your Wee for a Wii". The woman died from drinking too much water.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 9:15 am

Absolutely WRONG!! ! I have quite a wacky sense of humor. 8)

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 9:20 am

Odin wrote:
Absolutely WRONG!! ! I have quite a wacky sense of humor. 8)

Well, it was a TRUE OR FALSE question for one. Maybe I should've asked whether AS'ers have issues with reading comprehension because you're the 3rd person who responded with a WRONG in their reply and yet all were adamant about their whacky sense of humor..... :roll:

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 9:25 am

What does reading comprehension have to do with whether or not someone has a sense of humour?

In this case, the use of the word 'wrong' is passable anyway, so what's the big deal?

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 9:27 am

Do you have a sense of humor? Take the test and find out!
http://www.queendom.com/jff_access/the_ ... r_test.htm

Tortuga
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 9:49 am

False. Dan Aykroyd has Asperger's.

StrangeGirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Dec 2007, 10:07 am

[quote="Izaak"]False. I don't really find peoples misfortunes funny. At least not in a physical way. I do enjoy slapstick humor though, but I realise that is intended and more often than not it inspires feeling of shared embarrassment (empathic response!! !) than laughter.

Agree. I never make cruel jokes. And yet, we have lots of fun together and laugh a lot.
And first we laugh at ourselves. We are not full of selves. We don't take selves seriously. So,
We have a luxury of laughing at us.
In general, what I read that AS sense of humor is often based on the literal interpretation of the situation. It brings a lot of fun sometimes.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 10:16 am

Because if you read the OP you'd see that it has ZERO to do with being right or wrong.

And this is isn't a questionairre - just a simple assesment of where AS'ers are with humor.

LeKiwi wrote:
What does reading comprehension have to do with whether or not someone has a sense of humour?

In this case, the use of the word 'wrong' is passable anyway, so what's the big deal?

fivecents
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2007, 11:08 am

My AS bf has made me laugh so hard I have slightly wet myself. His humor is intelligent, which is what I like. And he never laughs at one’s misfortunes. Often he has to change the tv channel when something sad is on, because he gets weepy. He is grateful for his life even if he feels like he is from the Island of Misfit Toys from time to time. Every day we laugh, use sarcasm and find humor in the oddest of places.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 11:17 am

fivecents wrote:
My AS bf has made me laugh so hard I have slightly wet myself. His humor is intelligent, which is what I like. And he never laughs at one’s misfortunes. Often he has to change the tv channel when something sad is on, because he gets weepy. He is grateful for his life even if he feels like he is from the Island of Misfit Toys from time to time. Every day we laugh, use sarcasm and find humor in the oddest of places.

Awesome. :)

If you can laugh with a guy - all the rest has got to follow with a smile. Rock on. Glad to hear this. Kind of restores my faith in the Aspie factor.

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 11:35 am

LeKiwi wrote:
False, absolutely.

I have a wicked sense of humour, if I do say so myself. Obscure and off-beat at times, yes, and very dry, but that's just the way we like it. ;)

Exactly.

Though this one time, when I was like 14, I was with a few friends and we saw this old lady coming out of a grocery store and she got hit in the face by the door. And my one friend like ran over to her to make sure she was okay, and I'm just standing there trying to hide the tears of laughter. My friends thought I was a total ass, but they knew I was weird, and found humor in the fact that I found humor in something so screwed up. ::sigh:: I miss friends.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 11:51 am

No sense of humor?

I find humor at work in the contrast between an abstract
(x amount of time before the photocopier is free) and its
concrete consequences (whether or not that's enough time
to pour yourself a cup, for example). I wonder if this is
a variation on the theme of anticlimax as a source of humor.

I also sometimes find humor in our fellow-membership in the
human condition.

No sense of humor? Yeah, right.

duncansbass
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Location: Flatting thirds, fifths, and sevenths for over 20 years

31 Dec 2007, 11:59 am

I have a strong sense of humor, and have even learned to tell jokes with a great sense of delivery and timing. My odd outlook fuels my humor, although it tends to me a little on the dark side :twisted:

MrGrey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Dec 2007, 12:06 pm

I've got different types of humour for different situations, either the whole deadpan sarcastic thing or just plain obvious stuff, depends who I'm with.

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 12:10 pm

Loved to know why I watch comedys if I got no sense of humor, I must be nuts to watch something if I got no sense of humor. Like Lee Evins the most...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPNxTCp9mEQ

Last edited by logitechdog on 31 Dec 2007, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mademoiselle_Cafeine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Dec 2007, 12:11 pm

jjstar wrote:
Dry, stone, cold and zero humor unless it's at the expense of someone else's misfortune. True or false? And no fibbing either.

I'm not sure what to answer, but I'd say false. I think I've got a very dry and ironic sense of humor. I don't tell jokes, but I make fun of everyone using sarcasm and irony. Most of my friends don't know when I'm making fun or when I'm criticizing someone/something, 'cause even though my facial expressions are several, I don't usually make distinction between the two situations. But, having a different kind of humor and having no sense of humor aren't the same, believe me. That's a trace of someone's personality and not an Asperger's symptom.