Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

04 Jan 2008, 6:53 pm

I know everyone is when they are really tired.

Sometimes I feel I am because I don't know how to put my words or how to explain something, especially in my posts.

I know being incoherent is a sign of schizophrenia because of incoherent thinking and speech but do aspies also sound incoherent too when they talk because of social problems and communications. Like an aspie is trying to say something but isn't making any sense because of their social problems. I can imagine an autistic talking and they aren't making sense either because of their communication problems because they can't get all of the words out of their mouth.

I'm sure I have sounded incoherent on here from some of my posts. But I have made posts on here when I was very tired so my thinking is slower and it's harder for me to think so I tend to do short answers so that could be why some of my posts have been incoherent and the rest sound fine.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 6:54 pm

s,lker sao irqp k;lweri f,ked ntvnlwertty

(yes)

(haha :lol: )

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 6:57 pm

On one site I was on nobody understood my debates; I had to try really hard. :( I was so frustrated and depressed.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 7:05 pm

Ana54 wrote:
On one site I was on nobody understood my debates; I had to try really hard. :( I was so frustrated and depressed.

this happens to me often..... and is even worse IRL.... they swear im so illogical that im somehow purposefully trying to sabotage the argument or write it off... cause there's NO WAY i would be that dense or disjointed.

WELL I GOT NEWS FOR YOU!

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 7:13 pm

I read my stuff and sounded perfectly fine.

Other times, and this is worse, a total nightmare, and happened both in real life and online, where I say one thing and people say they know exactly what I mean, but they think I mean something totally different. When I say "Are you sure you know what I mean?" they get annoyed and mad and don't know waht to think, because after all, what I said initially made perfect sense...

Actually I should have put that in the past tense because it doesn't happen anymore but I'm too lazy to change it now.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 7:13 pm

I've been told I sometimes sound incoherent, though strangely I usually don't think so. The good thing with writing on online forums is that you can always edit your posts, whereas in real life that just isn't a possibility. Though I usually don't really have the patience to keep editing.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 7:14 pm

I hate to say it, but I already have said it earlier! OK, YEP, I HAVE been incoherent. It has also happened at times when I was wide awake, etc.... I equate it to an extreme effect of a meltdown.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 7:14 pm

Can't say that I do.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 7:18 pm

I think I sound incoherent many times.

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 7:42 pm

I sound incoherent plenty. But it's my own perception, and I bet no one else notices it as much as I do...

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 8:11 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Can't say that I do.

Tim

Ironically, you never talk enough for anyone to notice!

Aoife
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jan 2008, 8:29 pm

I sometimes assume people know things they don't when talking to them (e.g. what I did yesterday, etc.), so my speech would make sense to me, but definitely not to them.

I have a really hard time describing things quickly if I haven't "rehearsed." When I have time to plan what I will say, however, I'm quite eloquent and articulate.

(If someone had asked me this question in person, my answer would be something like "Uhhh...yeah, I guess. I mean, um sometimes." :roll:

...[T]here's nothing in the world more unpredictable than people...logic and order don't really exist in human emotions.
--Jan Hartman

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 9:33 pm

Sometimes I blabber off incoherent gibberish that receives a '...what?' from confused professionals; it's as if my mouth is just talking as I'm trying to put my thoughts to a sentence (I guess I'm spouting off words that are incorrectly strung together that form a meaningless sentence as I'm thinking).

It's completely incomprehensible, I cannot even understand what I said when they pull me up.

IdahoAspie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 9:49 pm

I think I once sounded coherent. But that was because I said it and knew what I meant. :roll:

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 9:51 pm

mene mene tekel upharsin
Klaatu Barada Nicto
anahl nathrak, uth vas besude, dothyel vienve
Rosebud...

what was the question again?...;)

mysticpizza74
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jan 2008, 10:37 pm

Ohhhhh yessssss, millions of times. Specially speaking in English (it's not my first language).
Situation:
A group of four having a great conversation and I am among them.

I decide to take part of the conversation

I comment and my comment seems totally related to what they are talking about.

Next thing I know, the three are looking at each other trying to figure out the relevance of my comment.

That's why I don't want to go out, I'm terribly tired of trying