Do you feel the clothes on your skin all the time?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 5:40 pm

I never really thought of it before I do I ignore it but sometimes I guess I do like tags and itchy sweaters

Last edited by jenisautistic on 11 Nov 2014, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 5:49 pm

olympiadis wrote:
I feel everything, clothes, hairs, skin.
If a tiny gnat lands on a hair I feel that too.
I don't like wind.
I can't wear anything metal like jewelry.

I relate to you.
I keep my hair in a ponytail to keep it out of my face,
I have a sensory oversensitivity with wind, it's hurting my skin and I cannot tolerate it,
I don' wear jewelry,
I feel clothes on my skin itching to hurting,
the same with bedsheets, I guess depending on allover well-feeling sometimes it is hurting and I cannot tolerate it.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 7:33 pm

Well yeah wearing clothes feels different than not wearing them, I have never heard that you aren't supposed to feel clothes after wearing them a bit. There are some clothes I find uncomfortable, and then there are some I like the feeling of wearing like admittedly sweaters are comfortable if its not rough fabric, combine it with stretchy but tight looking pants and not only is it comfortable but doesn't look bad either. I also do love my band t-shirts some end up being made out of pretty comfortable material. I certainly do not enjoy itchy clothes however.

Interestingly enough I hate sheets you put on beds, I don't mind the one to cover the mattress, but the other sheet that doesn't go around the mattress that most people put under their blanket to also cover up with, I hate those and never put them on my bed.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 9:50 pm

Do most people not feel their clothes? 8O

Yes I always feel my clothes on my skin. Especially shoes/socks on my feet. I also feel the residue left behind on my skin from touching anything. The only time I really feel comfortable is right after I've had a shower.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 11:10 pm

dianthus wrote:
I also feel the residue left behind on my skin from touching anything.

^ yeah, this too.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 11:23 pm

I have never given it any thought, but unless it tightens around some body part, or is loose and suddely comes into contact with skin, I don't think I notice it. It's just when I put them on (and the feel warm or cold against my skin depending on season) that I notice them. Right now for instance I am aware of my shirt because it tightens a little against my arms and shoulders, but I am not aware of my underwear, slippers or pants.

When I put on one of my slippers it feels sticky because it is due to the lotion I use, and I assume the fact that I notice that is that I'm not used to notice my clothes as I wear them.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 11:25 pm

Friendlydragon wrote:
I can't tolerate anything around my throat ? sometimes even an open neck shirt is too much to bear. I can't wear round-neck T shirts, even with loose necks; I can only wear V-neck T shirts. Wearing a neck-tie is out of the question.

This is a neck stock that British soldiers wore during the Napoleonic Wars. That would be torture.

I have to wear the softest lightest 100% cotton with nothing binding.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 11:57 pm

olympiadis wrote:
I feel everything, clothes, hairs, skin.
If a tiny gnat lands on a hair I feel that too.
I don't like wind.
I can't wear anything metal like jewelry.

God, metal wrist watches are the worst! And they can rip arm hairs off if you're a hairy guy. I don't see how anyone can wear those.

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 12:01 am

I didn't know you were supposed to not feel them anymore at all, but I suspect people often aren't consciously aware and thinking about them after a while. I usually am pretty aware of the way my clothes feel, especially when it comes to things like wrinkles in my socks, tags, etc.

I like wearing things that fit well but aren't restrictive. I don't really like loose pants at all, I usually wear slim fit cotton pants (I buy them all from Zumiez, and the same brand usually). Most of the ones I have aren't actually skinny fit, but I'd much prefer skinny pants to loose ones. The only clothing items I like to be loose are my shirts and hoodies, I always buy a size too large for those. The rest of my clothes I prefer to fit well, but they have to be non-restrictive as well.

I like being covered, so I never wear shorts, I often wear long sleeves, and I almost always have my hoodie on, even most of the time in the summer. I start to feel sort of itchy when I'm not covered; I don't really know why, all I know is that it is uncomfortable.

- Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by L_Holmes on 12 Nov 2014, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 12:02 am

I hate wearing clothes, find that I get sunburnt to the point of becoming ill, numb from cold, and my feet are broken open -- repeatedly.

I compromise with natural, breathable materials, wide necklines, and shoes without linings. Without getting unnecessarily detailed, underwear are legless and rather simple.

I am finding that my feet come out of good, wool socks, dry. It tends not bunch, but my (already extra wide) shoes have to stretch in order to accommodate them. These are somewhat less constricting, along the lines of diabetic socks.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 2:18 am

Lukecash12 wrote:
God, metal wrist watches are the worst!

I once had a metal strap wrist watch, and it kept pinching my skin. It was my first and last metal strap.
I can't use some plastic watch straps either, they can be too tight. Once my skin got red and itchy under the plastic strap, so I have to stick to leather.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 2:26 am

I can't wear a watch at all. I always get a rash.

FautheralLoather
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Nov 2014, 3:30 am

I do and it's driving me nuts.