What's your social intelligence IQ? (link to quiz included)

Page 1 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

missboots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jan 2008, 9:10 pm

What does your score mean?
There's some bad news and some good news. The bad news is that your Emotional IQ is relatively low. In a practical sense, this means that you are not reaching your full potential. Low EIQ has a negative impact on all aspects of life such as relationships, your emotional health and level of motivation. As a result of your behavior, others may view you as being critical, inexpressive, inhibited, detached, cold, or even condescending. Your difficulties relating to others and dealing successfully with your own emotions may have a negative impact on your health; people with lower EIQs are prone to anxiety, depression, excessive guilt, aggressiveness, low self-concept, and stress-related problems. Chances are that you also have difficulty bouncing back from life's problems. Now for the good news: by learning and practicing new skills and more effective ways of dealing with people, you can significantly improve your EIQ. The benefits will be numerous, including stronger relationships, a more successful career and better health. Most of all, you will be an all-around happier person.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 9:44 pm

Quote:
our score = 104

Your Emotional IQ is in the average range. Essentially, you're able to recognize and deal with your own emotions and those of others in a reasonably effective manner. This is likely evident in your ability to relate to others, express your needs, and maintain a satisfactory level of emotional health. Since your score is in the mid-range, however, you are not taking full advantage of your potential. By learning and practicing new skills and more effective ways of dealing with people, you could increase your EIQ. After all, we can always improve our communication, ways of relating to others and resilience. The benefits will be numerous, including stronger relationships, a more successful career and better emotional health. Most of all, you will be an all-around happier person.

My own emotions, sure, but other people's? Not so easy.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 9:46 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:

I think this is rigged, imagine an IQ test in which you get asked "Are you smart?" ...

Heh, well, I guess this is how you measure fake intelligence.

The idea is to be honest. If you just want to know you got a high score, there's no point in taking it since this test is designed for self-improvement.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 9:58 pm

Your Emotional IQ is in the average range. Essentially, you're able to recognize and deal with your own emotions and those of others in a reasonably effective manner. This is likely evident in your ability to relate to others, express your needs, and maintain a satisfactory level of emotional health. Since your score is in the mid-range, however, you are not taking full advantage of your potential. By learning and practicing new skills and more effective ways of dealing with people, you could increase your EIQ. After all, we can always improve our communication, ways of relating to others and resilience. The benefits will be numerous, including stronger relationships, a more successful career and better emotional health. Most of all, you will be an all-around happier person.

I argue that a lot of this has more to do with where you are in life opposed to how much you know about emotions or how much you experience.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 10:22 pm

Your score = 108 8O

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 10:40 pm

Quote:
As a result of your behavior, others may view you as being critical, inexpressive, inhibited, detached, cold, or even condescending.

All of the above?

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 10:45 pm

Oh right. I had intended to criticize the test. Really, this test doesn't measure emotional intelligence. Some of that stuff isn't even in the control of an individual ("My life is full of dead ends"); maybe it's a measure of a person's emotional health, but that's like saying that a healthy body is an intelligent one. All this "let's call it intelligence" is just a way for people who feel bad about being dumb to make themselves feel better by attaching a loaded term to something they value. Denial!

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 10:58 pm

Your score = 100

Your Emotional IQ is in the average range. Essentially, you're able to recognize and deal with your own emotions and those of others in a reasonably effective manner. This is likely evident in your ability to relate to others, express your needs, and maintain a satisfactory level of emotional health. Since your score is in the mid-range, however, you are not taking full advantage of your potential. By learning and practicing new skills and more effective ways of dealing with people, you could increase your EIQ. After all, we can always improve our communication, ways of relating to others and resilience. The benefits will be numerous, including stronger relationships, a more successful career and better emotional health. Most of all, you will be an all-around happier person. :lmao:

opal
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 12:41 am

I got 82, but a lot of the questions, as others said, don't relate to emotional intelligence at all.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 1:02 am

I'm emotionally ret*d.

Wistaria
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jan 2008, 1:17 am

66. :lol: Really is a shame that the test assumes that all problems a person has are entirely their own emotional fault, not taking into account the variables beyond their control.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 1:26 am

Danielismyname wrote:

I'm emotionally ret*d.
I had the exact same thought when I scored an 84.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 1:34 am

Your score = 103

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Ginap73
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2008, 1:39 am

91, i might have missed some of the questions as i don't know about the dead end thing.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

29 Jan 2008, 4:21 am

Danielismyname wrote:

I'm emotionally ret*d.

I scored 74 also.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 4:54 am

I stopped on the third question.

#1 I dont often feel crappy. Why presume I do?
#2 What a poorly worded statement. And it presumes that emotional blindness is healthy.
#3 Nobody makes me feel badly about myself. I have no friggin idea what they think of me, and frankly I dont care.
#4 I think they insinuate that you say it aloud. I hardly talk at all. And I resolve to not repeat my mistake, and dont blame external factors.

Yeah. Stupid test.