Communication and bureaucracy of orgnaisations

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 1:21 pm

I been talking to an organization for something and it seems when I do that I often end up having to deal with 3+ people. The problem is they don't seem to fill each other in with what is going on. It is like I'm supposed to be the go between. I don't even know how they do things. I'm not part of the organization. Surprise, surprise there is a mix up.

Then what is all the bureaucracy you have to go through for? It seems pretty pointless. Anyone not get the point of bureaucracy? Please enlighten me otherwise.

For another thing I was filling in a form and 5 questions were asking the same thing in slightly different wording.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 1:54 pm

and uk is.....hugely better at mental health than anywhere else in the world...

feel for you
:idea:

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 2:12 pm

SeaBright wrote:
and uk is.....hugely better at mental health than anywhere else in the world...

feel for you
:idea:

Actually this has been a huge problem with health/mental health matters though this thing was something different, though not entirely unrelated to my problems/life :lol:

If the uk is better at mental health than the rest of the world, I dread to know what is it like else ware.

I would have thought there would be places in Europe and parts of the US that would be better than the UK. Who knows? The average GP knows nothing about head matters here. It is not their fault, they aren't trained. It just so happens that they are the doorkeepers for some reason.

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 3:35 pm

Bureaucracy usually operates on tax money. That guarantees income. So the satisfaction of end clients does not matter so much as if money arrives from the person receiving service.

Bureaucracy usually operates on tax money. That income is absolute, there is little internal imperative for effeciency of operations.

When the person receiving service is separated from the ones payong tye bills, and when the organization recieves money simply for being there, both logic and real compassion disappear in a cloud of paperwork.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 3:40 pm

nutbag wrote:
Bureaucracy usually operates on tax money. That guarantees income. So the satisfaction of end clients does not matter so much as if money arrives from the person receiving service.

Bureaucracy usually operates on tax money. That income is absolute, there is little internal imperative for effeciency of operations.

When the person receiving service is separated from the ones payong tye bills, and when the organization recieves money simply for being there, both logic and real compassion disappear in a cloud of paperwork.

This is not a government organization but it is true that paper work is created by who ever fund the particular scheme. I'm not sure if it is has a government grant would have to check.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 3:42 pm

oh you're talking about filing a tax return/anual report, etc?

Well the type of bureaucracy I'm talking about is not necessary for that.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 8:12 pm

nutbag wrote:

The general goal of all public-facing government bureaucracy is to spend as much money and as waste as many resources as they can whilst doing as little as possible.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 9:10 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
nutbag wrote:

This is not a government organization but it is true that paper work is created by who ever fund the particular scheme. I'm not sure if it is has a government grant would have to check.

IMO government AND private bureaucracies are often just as moronic, demented, and Byzantine.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 10:30 pm

a beaurocracy is as close as mankind has ever come to a perpetual motion machine..;)

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 12:06 pm

Well it seems I'm to ignore the mix up, except I'm still not sure if they will in fact fill each other in.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 12:07 pm

pakled wrote:
a beaurocracy is as close as mankind has ever come to a perpetual motion machine..;)

haha

I wonder if there are some aspie types that actually like bureaucracy. Or would that be stretching the boat out?