Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

kip
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 7:36 pm

Mum was having a discussion with current BF about why she never says 'I love you' to him. It made perfect sense to me, I'm not one to say something unless I feel the need, which with that phrase, I often don't. I do love people, but I don't feel the need to express it. I got roped into this discussion, yay me.

Anyway, I started talking about the public persona vs. the real person, and she paused and listened. I outlined a lot of the symptoms of AS because I know she has it as well as I know I do, and she kept nodding her head, realizing for the first time that I'm not a nutter, this is for real. It was really nice to finally have her understand that I am the same way as her, she's never seen it before because, well, we don't see other people the way we see ourselves. I was able to explain AS to her and her BF, and a lot of it was making sense to her. It was an awesome feeling of validation to know that she feels the same way as me, that we share the same problems. She even started crying, realizing I think for the first time that she's not broken, that there's a reason for all this.

So maybe soon she'll be joining the forum. I feel like she's come to the point where she can start to get everything together, to stop trying to be someone she's not.

I don't feel like I'm explaining this right, but it's been an overwhelming day. Thanks all for reading.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 8:38 pm

I look forward to seeing her, here. :)

kip
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 9:30 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I look forward to seeing her, here. :)

You know what? You are AWESOME. I love you in that completely platonic internet way. You've always got something wonderfully nice to say. Seriously, reading your posts makes me smile. [[HUGS]]

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 9:41 pm

It sounds like you, and your mom have a great relationship, and you sound like a wonderful son. :)

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 12:36 am

Many congrats. I can only imagine.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 12:48 am

:wtg:

way to go, Kip.