In the company of similar minded NT's

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2005, 9:14 pm

I can get along just fine with the people who are in my degree program at school, as long as I keep interaction to a superficial level of socializing, or conversation is focused on the task at hand.

Maybe it's my compulsive nature, but when I'm in the studio I have this horrifc drive for perfection, and for that I don't think I've drawn the ire of my other peers.

On the other hand I have gotten some critisim from another student how he percieves me as being someone who has to be doing everything all at once. But then it's just my nature, In order for me to feel that sense of perfection, I need to make sure everything is set up right.

As I was leaving for home friday afternoon I began to think about how NT I felt in studio friday morning/afternoon. When we got done I didn't feel a need to stim or flap. But I also worry about how the other people percieve me. 9 times out of 10 I have no idea if I made a social gaffe until other people react to it, and the people I work with are those who won't point things out to me, but to other people when they want a good laugh.

Am I worrying too much about this?

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2005, 9:55 pm

The fact that you're worrying means you're worrying too much.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 8:53 am

I'm AS, but I was in the presence of similar minded NTs back in my Gifted Research class last year.