Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 8:25 pm

I chose to post this in General Autism Discussion since, for me, being autistic makes this test easy; very straightforward. I tend to be test-nervous, but this one is fun! No cheating. Post how you fared. It's fun too. Sharpen your pencils and take a seat. Good luck.

From the Lab Pet: I got an easy A+ and I’m ordinarily not very good at tests!
I found this test, ‘copy & paste’. Follow the instructions:
Name _____________________________ Score _______

The following short quiz consists of 4 questions and will tell you whether you are qualified to be a professional. The questions are NOT that difficult.

1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and close the door. This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way.

2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

Did you say, Open the refrigerator, put in the elephant, and close the refrigerator?

Wrong Answer.

Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door. This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your previous actions.

3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend.... except one. Which animal does not attend?

Correct Answer: The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. You just put him in there. This tests your memory.

Okay, even if you did not answer the first three questions correctly, you still have one more chance to show your true abilities.

4. There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles, and you do not have a boat. How do you manage it?

Correct Answer: You jump into the river and swim across. Have you not been listening? All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting. This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 8:40 pm

WOW! I could ask SO many questions! If the refridgerator is bigger than a giraffe, can't it be big enough for the elephant? How could the giraffe attend? After all, it may not have been FREEZING, but it WAS cold! If the giraffe is ok, why didn't the elephant break out to go to the important meeting? How long was the meeting to last? Are you SURE it wasn't at the river?

AM I missing something, or did I just spot a LOT of problems with this quiz?

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 9:04 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
WOW! I could ask SO many questions! If the refridgerator is bigger than a giraffe, can't it be big enough for the elephant? How could the giraffe attend? After all, it may not have been FREEZING, but it WAS cold! If the giraffe is ok, why didn't the elephant break out to go to the important meeting? How long was the meeting to last? Are you SURE it wasn't at the river?

AM I missing something, or did I just spot a LOT of problems with this quiz?

I suspected you would take the quiz! I think (re: giraffe at the river); they cannot swim well at all. Giraffes may not be very suitable for a meeting held at the river. Some refrigerators lock from the inside (bad), so maybe the elephant couldn't escape to attend but I'm sure elephant would have been invited - they like water. How long did the meeting last? I don't know. But I've been to some meetings and they seem to last indefnitely. I don't think you're missing anything! If you have a questions raise your hand.

Anyone else? Score reveal? Gold star.... :elephant: Oh wait, there is no gold star emoticon.

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 9:17 pm

Well, I bombed this quiz, but I enjoyed it, so I'd give the quiz itself a gold star and say it qualifies to be a professional, even if I don't.

What kind of professional?

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 9:38 pm

Anemone wrote:
What kind of professional?

Good question......

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 9:55 pm

it was the great, gray-green greasy Limpopo river, with fever trees all around...;)

how do you cross the river? take out the elephant, refreeze the giraffe, and slide across...;)

watcheroftheskies
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jun 2008, 10:04 pm

burn both the elephant and the giraffe down to ashes and store the ashes in something that fits in a refrigerator.

my problem with that test was that i didn´t know the questions were connected to each other, i thought the refrigerator for the giraffe and the refrigerator for the elephant were two different refrigerators

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 12:12 am

There was no milk for supper and everyone at the aminal meeting and everyone had to make do with black tea/coffee, why?? The elephant in the refrigerator drank it all.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 12:37 am

this is so old. I did this when i was in primary school which like 5 years ago. a tougher qiuz is one where it asks to read all of it first, then to fill in your name, then the date, then there is a list of questions and the last thing the end only do the first 2.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 12:38 am

watcheroftheskies wrote:
my problem with that test was that i didn´t know the questions were connected to each other, i thought the refrigerator for the giraffe and the refrigerator for the elephant were two different refrigerators

same problem

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 12:53 am

Bradleigh wrote:
this is so old. I did this when i was in primary school which like 5 years ago. a tougher qiuz is one where it asks to read all of it first, then to fill in your name, then the date, then there is a list of questions and the last thing the end only do the first 2.

So what score did you get? You've had practice...just wondering.

mom2bax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jun 2008, 1:28 am

:lol: that quiz was hilarious!! ! :lol:
i was thinking of just asking the giraffe to get into the fridge but then was thinking of size issues i guess it's an industrial sized walk in fridge???

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 1:48 am

knew the answer before I finished reading the questions.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

02 Jun 2008, 1:53 am

I only got question 3 right. However, it was an interesting quiz. :)

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 2:46 am

You see, the basic problem with the quiz is indeed those unspoken assumptions. Why should I assume that I only have one refrigerator? If I have multiple refrigerators, how should I know the sizes? If a lion called a meeting of all the animals, and I were one of those animals, I would certainly not attend - it sounds more like he's picking out dinner.

And if you use the solutions I proposed (assuming standard-size household fridge, puree the giraffe; same for the elephant), why can't you keep the pureed giraffe and elephant both in there?

I'd say it's more of a test of how well you can think inside that famous NT "box" than how well you can consider the repercussions of your actions...

(Incidentally, for #4, I'd say toss all the animals at the meeting into the river. The crocs will be too full to be interested in you. I also know the "official" answer - the crocs are all at the meeting too, so you can cross safely - but that assumes that you aren't at the meeting, which implies that either you're the elephant in the fridge [in which case crossing a river is the least of your problems] or you're not an animal - that is, an animate life form.)

SquishypuffDave
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jun 2008, 2:52 am

This test is deeply flawed. There are many ways to answer the questions because they are so vague. To say that the answers given are definitive would be wrong. For the first one there are no refrigerators I know of big enough to fit a giraffe so I'd say you can't. Unless the giraffe was a baby, but it doesn't say whether it was or not. Here we can see the ambiguous nature of the questions. As we have picked up, the second question does not say that it is the same fridge. For the third question, the elephant could have easily have broken out. It is more likely that a snail didn't get there on time. For the last question, who says the animal conferene wasn't in the river. There is not enough information given to make a definite answer.