does anyone else have a sibling like this?

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

-x-x-ANONYMOUS-x-x-
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Apr 2009, 6:55 pm

Does anyone else's sister/borther delibaratley go out of there way to be as obnoxious, spiteful and confidence crushing towards you? Humiliates you and is manipulative aswell?

She's 18 and I'm 16 by the way.

metelz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Apr 2009, 7:17 pm

Yeah my sister is like that occasionally. Somtimes I'd she just drives me crazy with her nazty comments and incessant blathering, and arrogant haughty attitude :wall:

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 7:23 pm

Yes, I've been in a similar situation. Unfortunately, it's not that unusual - many people have a bad relationship with their siblings.

I'm not sure if you're looking for advice or just trying to find out how often this happens.

I tolerated people being abusive towards me for too long - when I decided to put a end to it they fought me fiercely and I think a part of them felt they earned this right. Don't let things go too far for too long or it will be very hard or impossible o change anything.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 7:25 pm

My NT sister is like that sometimes.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 8:44 pm

-x-x-ANONYMOUS-x-x- wrote:
Does anyone else's sister/borther delibaratley go out of there way to be as obnoxious, spiteful and confidence crushing towards you? Humiliates you and is manipulative aswell?

I know this, my cousin used to do it to me. (he is 3 years older)
She is using you as a lab rat to see what she can get away with and to boost her own self esteem. NT's do that, push everyone down so they can climb higher, even if it's family.

:::)

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2009, 9:31 pm

yeah my sister is like that she thinks she is hot crap and perfect.

mechanima
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 9:40 pm

I have got a brother like that...and he is more Aspie than I am...but in deep denial, and totally into himself...

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 10:50 pm

mechanima wrote:
I have got a brother like that...and he is more Aspie than I am...but in deep denial, and totally into himself...

Guess we know his special obsession. :wink:

Narcissus by Caravaggio

Vanity, it's a Motherf***er...

ngonz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Apr 2009, 10:51 pm

-x-x-ANONYMOUS-x-x- wrote:

Forget my siblings....this sounds like my mom. She is toxic and I have nothing to do with her anymore.

www.neurointegrity.com

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 11:05 pm

My NT younger sister was this way towards me all the time...when she wasn't mocking me, she was in complete embarrassment of me. To this day, we have no contact with each other..she even declined to be my facebook friend..

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 11:58 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
My NT younger sister was this way towards me all the time...when she wasn't mocking me, she was in complete embarrassment of me. To this day, we have no contact with each other..she even declined to be my facebook friend..

You punch those people in the face, hard enough for them to forget their name and where they are. They clearly need a fresh start.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 3:45 am

Hrm, my younger brother and sister sometimes make fun of me (never or very rarely in public, thankfully). And ofc, my brother thinks he's better because he's studying at HEC ("Hautes études commerciales" basicly the financial world) and he's going to be done this year or very soon and i've just laggingly started university in bio anthropology :( . My sis also starts next session... They both had a job once (where i never had one ever ._. ) and both had a significant other at least once (again, not my case, even though i'm the eldest).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 6:17 am

My sister was that way towards me, after my dad rented the movie, Rain Man 20 years ago, when I was 14. That continued until I told her to stop abusing me one morning, 8 years ago. She broke down into tears and started to cry. She knew better than to order me around in the morning, as I got my dishes ready for my breakfast and say to me, "Do you want to wake dad up? Go ahead and knock on his door and have him yell at you!" She knew damn well that I was scared to even look at my dad. I was sick and tired of her abrasively ordering me around, like Charley Babbit did to his brother in that horrible movie, so I've told her to stop abusing me and watched her lose her precious ground.

Hala
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Apr 2009, 7:42 am

My twin brother is incredibly spiteful and hurtful towards me at all times. He gets great pleasure out of teasing me and pointing out my flaws to not only myself but anyone else in the area at the time. I'm not allowed to speak when he's around.

Madfrenchy
Raven
Raven

10 Apr 2009, 10:44 am

SoulcakeDuck wrote:
poopylungstuffing wrote:

You punch those people in the face, hard enough for them to forget their name and where they are. They clearly need a fresh start.

My 2 years older sister was the same with me... And in facts I did punch in his face one time. :lol:

I remember that she called me sometimes "autistic". :roll:

« L'important c'est de se sentir heureux, d'extérieure, la vie devient intérieure, son intensité reste la même et vous savez, c'est bizarre où le bonheur de vivre va parfois se nicher. » Blaise Cendrars, Moravagine

Fayed
Toucan
Toucan

10 Apr 2009, 11:03 am

When i was younger, i would say that was my sister. Nowadays its more my brother.

my sis and i are closer now for some reason. i can identify with her more i guess.

that being said, i think i am like that sometimes without even noticing it.