Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 3:52 am

A curiosity .
While looking at this article about famous hoaxes ( the " Turk " chess-playing machine , etc. ) , I saw , up to the corner , a line , a link , marked " Bill Gates Autism " or like that .
I followed it , just got one of those all-puropse " link " lists - found nothing saying anything about ol' Bill , AS , etc.
Is someone trying to discredit the Bill-is-one-of-us story by having this link on a " famous hoaxes " article's site ????????? :twisted: :wink:
None of this involved Hotmail or MSN , BTW :roll: :o .........

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 4:17 am

Sounds like it to me. Can you post a link to the original article?

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 4:34 am

I heard it is suspected that he is on the spectrum, try googling bill gates+autism and see waht you get

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 5:51 am

Mum2ASDboy wrote:
I heard it is suspected that he is on the spectrum, try googling bill gates+autism and see waht you get

My father actually knows him, and I was shocked when I heard how Gates acted during a recent meeting, and what was said about him. Here's a hint... I used to speak against his having AS, etc... I don't anymore. And wikipedia makes him sound like I was. And microsoft WAS better before 1985.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 6:56 am

Well, what did he do at the meeting?

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 10:23 am

pandabear wrote:

He ROCKS when he really concentrates! Is SHY! He doesn't really talk to individuals! My step mother had to COAX him into talking! He is OBSESSED! My father keeps meeting him because he is likewise obsessed! They said he acted this way because of "Some kind of syndrome". Aspergers WAS mentioned! Look at wikipedia about how he USED to run microsoft! It literally SCREAMS Aspergers!

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 2:09 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
pandabear wrote:

He ROCKS when he really concentrates! Is SHY! He doesn't really talk to individuals! My step mother had to COAX him into talking! He is OBSESSED! My father keeps meeting him because he is likewise obsessed! They said he acted this way because of "Some kind of syndrome". Aspergers WAS mentioned! Look at wikipedia about how he USED to run microsoft! It literally SCREAMS Aspergers!

Yeah, I heard he rocks in his meltdowns too.

EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 2:59 pm

Oh, I'm a bit disappointed.

When I saw the headline SHOUTING about Bill Gates, I assumed someone was reporting news that he'd come out of the closet as Aspie.

But nope. Just repeating old rumours. :(

Wish he would just come out. :roll:

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 3:06 pm

EnglishLulu wrote:
Oh, I'm a bit disappointed.

When I saw the headline SHOUTING about Bill Gates, I assumed someone was reporting news that he'd come out of the closet as Aspie.

But nope. Just repeating old rumours. :(

Wish he would just come out. :roll:

Thats what I was hoping too.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 4:04 pm

My counselor randomly said during one of our sessions he was an Aspie, and I never known that guy to be wrong, I believe it I guess :?

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020