Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 9:47 am

Now, I recently posted asking whether or not I thought this blog, Lovin' Autism, of mine was a good idea. Considering the responses I got, I decided to continue... but...

Not enough people know about this site! I need more traffic to make it worthwhile.

Now, this may seem close to spamming or something of the like... it probably is...
but, I want as many of you as possible to tell your friends of this site, and visit it. As it stands; it's hardly worth it.
I'm pretty much just talking to myself. If I were able to get more traffic through the site; it would be more viable, and I'd be able to post more relevant information, rather than the largely... opinionated information I've currently.

Please, if you think it worthwhile, visit and contribute! My goal is to debunk varied myths on Aspergers and Autism, largely the "thiomersal's what done it, ya'll" myth. It's still an infantile blog, but, let's see where it goes?

Hope I'm not stepping on anybody's toes, asking for this here!

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 9:51 am

I don't see how I can help as I don't have any friends. I do think your blog is a good idea but it's not really of interest to me. Maybe you could focus more on the positive side of having autism rather than on just debunking myths? People seem to like positive ideas rather than negative ones.

Anyway good luck with it whatever you decide.

psmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Aug 2008, 10:09 am

I will certainly pass it along to friends and family! Good luck with it, and if you need any help in graphics, I would gladly do some stuff for free. I think what you are doing is a great idea.

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 1:29 pm

Hang in there. It takes a while for new stuff to get noticed and start really circulating. You don't have to write every day if you don't feel like it, just often enough to keep it from getting too stale.
If you have any social networking pages (as they call them) you can post the link there. Or, people who have them, how about posting it on yours? (Assuming you're "out of the closet", that is.)

You write well, if it gets long enough maybe you can just get it published in book form.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 1:39 pm

Post relevant and truthful stuff.
Link to GOOD relevant sites.
Ask THEM to link to you.
Put your url in your sig.
Post on a few sites with real relevant info.
Maybe include it in emails you send out for other purposes. NOT simply to advertise your site.
wait.

You SHOULD start getting some good hits. If you have unusual, thought provoking, truthful stuff, you may get a TON of hits! Servers have CRASHED under the load of simply THIS!

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 2:49 pm

i tired adding a comment to your allo allo post but it wouldnt let me, didnt like password or letter id, i dunno, i gave up.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 3:54 pm

I tried it, but it didn't work.

I tried it for Ishmael's sake because I can often identify with his bad attitude.
But it didn't work.

I scanned it and found topics that are interesting and I wanted to put my two cents in.
But I feel obligated to read the whole thing first, and just the thought of it made me tired.

Should I continue with the self-analysis, take a nap, or have a very late lunch.
I just realized that I'm starving, and haven't eaten anything in a long time.

The site needs work, but I don't know why or what yet.
Maybe I'll look later. I require sustenance.

Sorry.

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 4:09 pm

we wanna help you out man...help us to help you.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 6:20 am

Quote:
i tired adding a comment to your allo allo post but it wouldnt let me, didnt like password or letter id, i dunno, i gave up.

Did you click the "anonymous" ID tag? You can use a GMAIL account to log in, as well.

Thanks with all of the responses - I'll definetly try to improve the site, and try some of the suggestions.

Oh, and, zghost - you might find this interesting, but most of what I publish on the blog is cut-down text from a book I've only just finished writing called "Assburgers - The Truth About the Truth About Autism". I'm trying to find a reputable publishing agent for it. The blog is my attempt to reach a broader audience - let's face it, not many people read paperback nowadays...

My goal, really, is to spread some sense of scientific decorum - for people to practice patience and objectivity when dealing with Autism. But, any little bit's of Autistic information I can spread will be good. Better some than none, after all.

Edit: I just noticed, there was a checkbox that I hadn't checked off... that didn't allow unregistered people to post! Sorry 'bout that!

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 8:08 am

there are few books written by people with As about As.
they are all written by anxious mothers, paraprofessionals and real proffessional and are all third person accounts of what they think it is like to be like us.
think a blind man explainign the wave nature of light waves, he could learn it, but he could never really understand it, could he?
you may want to see if there is movement and scope to address special interest groups and run seminars, give lectures to AS groups and the ever piling higher mountain of anxious mothers who want to spend money for their little ones.
im not being faceciotous but they seem to be targeted by those who seek to take their money from them and not by someone with AS who is verbal, literate, self aware and can actually help.

good luck