Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2017, 6:39 pm

Don't know, but I know that ADHD does.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2017, 6:48 pm

Patience and Tolerance are sometimes confused to be one and the same when they are not. Aspies are generally capable of being very patient for certain results but not necessarily so tolerant to certain ulteriour-behaviours.

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

03 Feb 2017, 6:51 pm

It depends on the situation I suppose. But i've never had a great deal of patience. I hate standing in queues, but tolerate them. I hate waiting for appointments, whether it's 5 minutes away, or several weeks. I even hate waiting for new posts to appear on here or other forum websites I use. I'm constantly bashing the refresh button looking for something new and interesting to read. :lol:

A lot of AS traits overlap with ADHD traits and this is probably where it draws them from.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2017, 7:01 pm

I usually have no problems with patience, particularly when things are going according to a plan.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2017, 7:04 am

I have trouble tolerating things like loud children and crying babies.

I lack patience with traffic. I think this country I live in is too overpopulated for an island, and there are too many cars and not enough roads. I'm glad I'm not driving, otherwise I could be swearing at the traffic, hooting the horn angrily, because there's just an endless infinity of cars everywhere. So I get the bus.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2017, 8:54 pm

Fraser_1990 wrote:
A lot of AS traits overlap with ADHD traits and this is probably where it draws them from.

What dose this mean?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2017, 9:38 pm

I'm wondering if I have ADHD too. I was diagnosed with Asperger by my therapist, I read alot on it, I have alot of the symptoms. Can you be diagnosed by your therapist? I want to see a psychiatrist to tell what I have & how bad is it. I also have Cerebral Pasly & Psoriasis.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2017, 10:35 pm

In my case, I'm too patient in long terms. Probably because the milestone I'm 'waiting' for is death. :lol: And I'm not suicidal, I'm bored.

Not so at short terms. I dislike maintenances and inconveniences. And too tolerant for my own good.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

SuperFurryManAnimal
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Mar 2017, 5:26 am

That is true about the tolerance thing. There are some things I have all the patience in the world for and other things there is almost no patience / tolerance at all.

jmncrr000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2017, 2:45 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I have trouble tolerating things like loud children and crying babies.

I lack patience with traffic. I think this country I live in is too overpopulated for an island, and there are too many cars and not enough roads. I'm glad I'm not driving, otherwise I could be swearing at the traffic, hooting the horn angrily, because there's just an endless infinity of cars everywhere. So I get the bus.

Yeah i lack patience, especially in traffic. I'm surprised i have not worn out the horn in my car. I don't use as much as i did prior to medication, but i still use it quite often. Overall i am not patient at all.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2017, 4:51 pm

I also lack patience. I want things now but it's hard to do things to get me to it. I don't like getting stuck in traffic but I can be patient with it. I just try to avoid it is all.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2017, 12:34 am

I'm generally patient, although I can get bored or frustrated by inefficient presentations. When I'm looking for an answer, I wait as long as it takes. When I felt stuck in life waiting for an opportunity, it was years before I decided to chance a flawed opportunity. Like a child who can't wait any longer for a gap in the traffic, I regretted it.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2017, 12:37 am

It can be hard sometimes.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2017, 8:32 am

Patience can be cultivated. I, for one, used the be quite impatient, but now I'd consider myself very partient.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2017, 9:13 am

I can be pretty patient most of time but if I get an idea and want something my paitence goes out the window , I've got to have it a.s.a.p , the waiting is almost painful.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard