Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

banana247
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 May 2014, 9:53 pm

I don't have ADHD but sometimes get these bursts of hyperactivity where I just jump around and sing and laugh and basically go crazy like a hyper kid. It's not totally uncontrollable but it is a large contrast from my normal quiet, low keyed, dry humorous and relatively slow moving self. It doesn't happen ALL of the time and hasn't really been an issue, it's just interesting. It normally happens in the evening time. It can happen when I'm on my own or when I'm around others. It's hard to believe that this is "normal" to have these bouts of hyperactivity and even harder to imagine my other friends my age getting "hyper" like this. It seems childlike. The kids I babysit love it when I get "hyper" when I'm watching them... We all have a lot of fun. Ha.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 7:57 am

YEEESSSSS
me too!
I have two moods:
1) focused, quite, reserved, passive
2) crazily agitated, jumping around, excited like an hyperactive child

from what I read in other posts there are more aspies like that. Pretty common maybe.
maybe one of the reasons aspies may be misdiagnosed as bipolar (that and meltdowns).
I don't have ADHD by the way, only aspergers.

yes, this is funny because we are "adults". gotta love people's reactions to a 19 yo acting like this :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 8:01 am

I get hyper at times. Other times, I could be focused.

My problem, really, is starting things; finishing them is no problem.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 9:16 am

linatet wrote:
YEEESSSSS
me too!
I have two moods:
1) focused, quite, reserved, passive
2) crazily agitated, jumping around, excited like an hyperactive child

from what I read in other posts there are more aspies like that. Pretty common maybe.
maybe one of the reasons aspies may be misdiagnosed as bipolar (that and meltdowns).
I don't have ADHD by the way, only aspergers.

yes, this is funny because we are "adults". gotta love people's reactions to a 19 yo acting like this :lol:

Hey, at least you are *almost* a kid. I am 31 and still act like this, especially #2 around young children and #1 at work. I'm sure more than one person has suspected I was bipolar as a result. In sports I alternate between the 2 and I'm sure that turns people off from me but it's like I can't help myself.

MrGrumpy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2014, 1:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I get hyper at times. Other times, I could be focused.

My problem, really, is starting things; finishing them is no problem.

I am completely the opposite - I start things all the time, but rarely complete them. Except that sometimes, I become completely obsessed with something, and worry it to death - at which point I lose interest overnight.

I can't help noticing that there seems to be a need to make a clear differentiation between ADHD and Asperger's Syndrome, almost as if there is some kind of hierarchy of ASDs.

All human behaviour is on a spectrum - autism is just one part of a much bigger picture.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 1:24 pm

:lol: I get very hyper at times and easily excited! Ill do alot of jumping and spinning at times and it annoys the hell out of my NT peers they tell me to act my age.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

selin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jan 2016, 2:18 pm

banana247 wrote:
I don't have ADHD but sometimes get these bursts of hyperactivity where I just jump around and sing and laugh and basically go crazy like a hyper kid. It's not totally uncontrollable but it is a large contrast from my normal quiet, low keyed, dry humorous and relatively slow moving self. It doesn't happen ALL of the time and hasn't really been an issue, it's just interesting. It normally happens in the evening time. It can happen when I'm on my own or when I'm around others. It's hard to believe that this is "normal" to have these bouts of hyperactivity and even harder to imagine my other friends my age getting "hyper" like this. It seems childlike. The kids I babysit love it when I get "hyper" when I'm watching them... We all have a lot of fun. Ha.

This is 100% me. Usually in the evening as well. Is there anything specifically autistic about it?

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 4:21 pm

I definitely have my own moments of hyperactivity, sometimes because of soda, sometimes just happening for no real reason. A lot of times, it'll happen in social settings.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 4:28 pm

I used to, but I have since learned to control them.