people write absurd comments there
sometimes its too vulgar
just a peep there makes me wanna delete myself from that group
but its totally different here why the contrast

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 3:39 am

Facebook has this thing called "Lack of censorship". People say a lot of things there that will never get said here

CornerPuzzlePieces
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2012, 5:12 am

You know of Pandora's box?

Think... Zuckerberg's book. :study:

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 6:22 am

Try "On The Spectrum", Namaste, it is not like that at all and in fact was created as a reaction against the sophomoric pee pee poo poo nature of the regular WP page.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 7:06 am

namaste wrote:
The wrongplanet group on facebook really sucks
people write absurd comments there
sometimes its too vulgar
just a peep there makes me wanna delete myself from that group
but its totally different here why the contrast

Wow, you mean those bunch of heartless cruel idiots can read our comments? I don't have much use for facebook anyhow because of the cruel vicious comments we get. Maybe we should start a thread and complain about this.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 7:10 am

Aimless wrote:
Try "On The Spectrum", Namaste, it is not like that at all and in fact was created as a reaction against the sophomoric pee pee poo poo nature of the regular WP page.

Can you give us an address? I would sure like to be on a forum that is much more private.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 7:27 am

What's going on there in the WP group?

There isn't people badmouthing members here is there?

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 7:41 am

blue_bean wrote:
What's going on there in the WP group?

There isn't people badmouthing members here is there?

Once in a while you do have members bad mouthing other members and that is why there is so many locked threads. Unfortunately some Aspies are the worst when it comes to attacking other Aspies. But, we have to deal with something far worst on facebook.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 7:57 am

Isn't it great that any vulgarity posted there automatically reflects on this place? I bet you they use WP's logo without permission and everything.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 8:40 am

If this is the group you're talking about http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt171706.html it was created by a user here, and is not controlled by Alex.

wrongplanet.net has no control over what happens there. Facebook groups are pretty much free for alls unless the creators monitor it a lot, and choose to do anything about what goes on there. The moderators here on WP have nothing to do with it.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 9:01 am

MrXxx wrote:
If this is the group you're talking about http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt171706.html it was created by a user here, and is not controlled by Alex.

wrongplanet.net has no control over what happens there. Facebook groups are pretty much free for alls unless the creators monitor it a lot, and choose to do anything about what goes on there. The moderators here on WP have nothing to do with it.

I'm glad you brought that up about users sharing on facebook since there is an option here so we can "SHARE". I don't click "SHARE", because I don't want everyone to see what I post.

So why can't the "SHARE" feature be taken completely off so no one can share our posts on any of the other social networks such as facebook and twitter.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 9:12 am

Dirtdigger wrote:
MrXxx wrote:

I'm glad you brought that up about users sharing on facebook since there is an option here so we can "SHARE". I don't click "SHARE", because I don't want everyone to see what I post.

So why can't the "SHARE" feature be taken completely off so no one can share our posts on any of the other social networks such as facebook and twitter.

Quote:
Rights
----------------------
WrongPlanet.net reserves full rights to information and content posted anywhere within the
wrongplanet.net domain by any of its visitors, members, and staff.

By posting to the forums, or any other sections of this site, you signify agreement that you
are giving WrongPlanet permission to use, modify, and reproduce your submission, in part or
in whole, in any way, shape, form, or method in which we decide to do so, at any point in
the present or future at our discretion.

Any and all information posted on WrongPlanet.net may not be copied or used elsewhere, in
any way, shape, or form, either on the Internet or in print without express written consent
of an owner of WrongPlanet.net.

link to WP TOS: http://www.wrongplanet.net/tos.txt

Wrong Planet has the right to allow users to share posts made on WP on Facebook and other sites. When we signed up for membership here, we agreed to that.

You are free to suggest removal of the share links by posting a reply to this thread: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt177688.html

It has been suggested before for various reasons, and has not been changed yet. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Or, you can do what I do. Don't post anything anywhere on the web you wouldn't want the whole world to read, copy or paste anywhere else they want to, in any context that we might not anticipate. It is the internet after all. One doesn't need a share link to repost anything we've written anywhere on the web.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 11:06 am

Dirtdigger wrote:
Aimless wrote:

Can you give us an address? I would sure like to be on a forum that is much more private.

Not sure how to do that. If you're already on FB I would put On the Spectrum in the search bar. Alex is a member incidentally and there are a lot of WP people there. I'll ask administrator Mandy what the best course of action is; I'm not sure if you have to be added by a member of the group or not.

xmh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2012, 11:15 am

Quote:

Even without the share buttons it would be easy to copy/paste a URL link to a social network. In a similar way Google picks up threads and these come up in search results (which is how a lot of people first come across the site).

I don't, personally, mind my posts being shared, what I would not want is my posts being linked with my real-world identity.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 12:38 pm

Aimless wrote:

couldnt find on the spectrum
is it on the autism spectrum

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 12:41 pm

namaste wrote:
Aimless wrote:

couldnt find on the spectrum
is it on the autism spectrum

I think Aimless meant this group, but not sure:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/136760997022/?fref=ts

Some of the groups are "closed" which means a member has to invite you to join. This one though, is open, so you should be able to join without an invitation.