Do you stay in your room most of the time?

Page 1 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 1:03 pm

yes. during summer a lot. i'd still walk around the neighborhood, etc later on during dusk-night sometimes during the week and go downtown or some other place.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 1:11 pm

i have a small appartment and share it with my brother, so i dont really have a choice.. but my room is very multipurpose, it has hardwood floor, and lots of recording gear my computer, guitars everywhere.. blehh

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 1:22 pm

Yup, I loved to stay in my room, both when I lived with my parents and when I was staying with a host family during my summer holidays. Many's the time that I've been asked if I didn't want to come out. And in the military, when everybody else went to the pub in the evening, I loved to roam the empty corridors of the barracks in my tracksuit and slippers.

Now my apartment is my castle. I almost never go out in the evenings.

flutter wrote:
Actually, My cave is a seperate room from my bedroom.

King Ludwig II. of Bavaria, who was definitely a geek (he was fascinated with stage illusions and new technologies), had an actual cave built into his castle Hohenschwangau. :D

Brook-lynn20
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Sep 2008, 1:44 pm

YES. And I really don't care to get out unless I have to. I don't have that much a desire to be with people these days.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 2:02 pm

i love my room haha, i would stay in bed literally 24/7, actually have to, from the years of when i was 16 and half to 17 and half. If i dont have anything to do, i' just stay in bed until somebody comes to get me, that means to eat, to shower, to talk, to do anything, because ill just lay there and flap, rub my cellphone dude, rub my pot, rock, headbang against the pillow, chew on my biting pillow and smell my sheets, etc lol all day long, dont care much for anything haha. So to answer your question yes i would stay in my room forever, more directly in my bed lol.

chocoholic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2008, 2:33 pm

I would say yes. Having enough alone time to just relax, surf the web, watch tv, listen to music, and do other relaxing things is something I really need. I certainly get enough socialization working in retail every day, so it's nice to be able to come home and relax in my room alone. Sometimes I spend entire weekends in here too, just doing my thing.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 7:34 pm

Only when i'm in my parents' house. As a kid, if I had to be inside, I preferred being in my room (away from mom). Same thing as an adult. My parents never understood...especially my mom.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 9:39 pm

Yes, I stay in my room almost all the time.
Have small apartment in which I live with my cat.
As kid, I got out more, because I enjoyed being outside, but that was in part due to loathing my family (so it made sense to avoid them by not being indoors).

Now that I have my own place, it's my safety & comfort zone, and I'm strongly attached to it-also, have developed agoraphobia & social anxieties over the intervening years. Am either in or on bed, because there isn't space for more furniture, so bed serves as "all-purpose" seat/platform from which to eat, watch tv, get online, do all those mundane tasks of daily living. It's at center of all the stuff to do (base of operations), which encircles me within arm's reach.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 9:40 pm

I used too but not anymore. I stay in the house whoever alot but Im getting out a little more now.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 9:55 pm

I'm thinking perhaps half the day. It's where the computer is.

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 11:12 pm

I would stay in my room all the time if I had my tv up here!! aND IF i didn't have to take my dog out.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 11:49 pm

When I'm at home, I spend 90% or more of my time in my room. It's my only sanctuary from the world. I go so far as to consider my room an alternate dimension.

17 Sep 2008, 7:40 pm

I stayed in my room all the time when I lived with my aunt and uncle. Of course I be out of the room too sometimes when I be using my uncle's computer or be going out.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 8:03 pm

no. i used to stay on the computer half the day, though. i now use every chance i can to get out of the house.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 8:27 pm

Yes.

The only place I can go to have peace and quiet, very few interruptions, and be able to focus.

If I could have Superman's fortress of solitude, I would.

If I could leave the planet and travel the stars alone, I would.

Ledvia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Sep 2008, 8:45 pm

Simmian7 wrote:
yes. i call my room THE CAVE...my own lil getaway... now, if i could just teach the rest of the household to knock instead of just walking in... :roll: i do venture out once in a while...mostly cuz i'm curious as to what is going on...then i scurry back to safety. :wink:

my family nicknamed by room "the cave" -.- i don't recall ever agreeing to it though they just started calling it that and that's what they call it....

i have to leave to go to school...but i rarely ever do when i don't feel obliged...