Do you stay in your room most of the time?

Page 2 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Ledvia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Sep 2008, 8:45 pm

Simmian7 wrote:
yes. i call my room THE CAVE...my own lil getaway... now, if i could just teach the rest of the household to knock instead of just walking in... :roll: i do venture out once in a while...mostly cuz i'm curious as to what is going on...then i scurry back to safety. :wink:

my family nicknamed by room "the cave" -.- i don't recall ever agreeing to it though they just started calling it that and that's what they call it....

i have to leave to go to school...but i rarely ever do when i don't feel obliged...

wilbury
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Sep 2008, 4:42 pm

i use to stay in my bedroom all the time and it did get quite worriying. i got so paronoid with the outside world and society that i stayed in my bedoom for about 3 months and not going out the house. i felt that i coundn't relate to anyone and that no-one would uderstand me. very unhealthy period. and of course i didn't know i had Asperger's then whih made things more hard for me.

tielgirl5
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Sep 2008, 5:32 pm

I would if I could... School and sports (rowing) take up too much of my time to actually do anything other than homework in there. But I do love staying in here alone when I can, as I have my computer in here.

chtucker18
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2008, 8:06 pm

i mostly stay in the computer room.

AngelUndercover
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Sep 2008, 8:08 pm

I stay in my room most of the time. My bed is here, my books are here, and my computer is here. It's where I feel most safe.

wrongshoes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Sep 2008, 9:19 pm

Yes, I do. My DH would like me to spend more time with him, but he's used to it.

Rusty_Shackleford
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Sep 2008, 12:16 am

I spent most of my time in my room growing up. Still am that way now, living alone.
At least once a day usually, back as a kid and today, I feel the need to get out and get some fresh air, just for its sake, or for an errand.

AngelUndercover wrote:
I stay in my room most of the time. My bed is here, my books are here, and my computer is here. It's where I feel most safe.

It's all that way for me too.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 12:18 am

I used to. But when I got to college, my room stopped being a sanctuary, so now I spend all my time outside.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 9:21 am

Very much so.

deathchibi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 9:34 am

30% of my life in my room 80% of my life in my house. :(

HereComeTheLizards
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Sep 2008, 10:20 am

I work, so that's 9 hours of the day, but most of the rest I spend in my room. Why leave? There is not much outside it except ever-increasing hostility from my family and the rest of humanity.

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 6:17 pm

When I lived with my parents I stayed in my room most of the time. When I was home alone I was often in other parts of the house, but as soon as someone else came home I went straight to my room and stayed there for pretty much the rest of the day. I only came out to eat or use the toilet, or if somebody needed to talk to me about something specific. I never liked to "hang out" with my family or chat with them.

I don't like light and I loved resting my eyes in the evening by keeping the lights in my room dimmed or off. My family thought I slept all the time because whenever I came out of my room my eyes couldn't take all that strong light they had and I looked like I just woke up. They never believed me when I told them I simply preferred dark in my room. They didn't think it was possible to do anything in the dark other than sleep, but I could do many of my hobbies in near dark.

Now I'm living with my spouse. Both of us need a lot of alone time and space, so we spend most of the time in separate rooms minding our own business, but we don't keep the doors closed and we spend some time together every day, so me staying in my room is not a problem here.

Droopy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2008, 7:50 pm

Yes, all my life I've always spent most of my time in my bedroom, mainly for the solitude. It will always be that way as long as I live with someone else. Unless some trajedy occurs and we're forced to live in a one room shack or something. I think I'd rather die.

Aguila
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Sep 2008, 8:52 pm

I call the basement "my domain" because it is where my room is and my parents old supposedly broken computer is. I rarely come out of the safety of my domain unless I am eating or playing video games.

KRIZDA88
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Sep 2008, 10:22 pm

I live in a dorm room and stay there most of the time, but that's a little different. At home I don't spend a ton of time in my room mostly because my room isn't that entertaining, if it were then I could see myself spending a good portion of my day there.

-Bigfoot IS blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer?s
fault. He's a large, out-of-focus monster, and that's extra scary to me.

-If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 10:33 pm

I live in a one bedroom apartment with a cat and amazing hanging plants. I take my scooter to downtown and spend the day explaining medicare to elderly folks and helping providers understand billing intricatcies. I scoot home and I am at my desk modding on WP for the rest of the time until I sleep and get up and scoot to work again. So work and home sorta blend.

Merle