Do you stay in your room most of the time?

Page 3 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 10:33 pm

I live in a one bedroom apartment with a cat and amazing hanging plants. I take my scooter to downtown and spend the day explaining medicare to elderly folks and helping providers understand billing intricatcies. I scoot home and I am at my desk modding on WP for the rest of the time until I sleep and get up and scoot to work again. So work and home sorta blend.

Merle

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 12:39 pm

I'd not say, I stay in my room at all times but, I'm not really fond of going places I suppose even if I'm at the library at the moment I'm okay with that and going to get grocery but, beyond this I tend to remain in a unmovable manner..

Fayed
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2008, 1:05 pm

In MS/HS spent 99% of my time outside of shool in my room. Other 1% was requitred family interaction.

I dormed for a bit in college and would spend most of my time in room then too. Next year my room mates sucked and i learned to leave the room. Usually eather to watch mobvies with a friend ( and we spent all that time silent watching) or to take my laptop to the liobrary and find a cubby in the corner where there was no1 around.

Now taht i commute, i spend a lot of time in teh car. Plus the only thing in my bedroom is my bed and a mess i dont want to clean up so i hang out in the living room. Usually no one is home so it good.

StrangeGuy
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Sep 2008, 1:36 pm

My room is my headquarters, and contains my computer. I spend most (70%) of my at home time there, the other 30% sitting outside in the backyard.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 9:18 pm

My dad is always asking me when I plan to come out of the batcave or that I spend all day in the batcave. The badcave being my bedroom. My mother says that whenever I come out it feels like a visit. I tell her that I am going to go into my room and she asks why and I say something dumb like, "I like my room" or "Because I want too". My parents never tried to force me to come out and let me come out on my own terms.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 12:10 am

All day. Mainly because I don't want to be around my family.

Irada
Toucan
Toucan

29 Sep 2008, 12:53 am

I spend most of my time in my room. Its like my own little "retreat" from reality. Its quite a small little cosy room and its really easy to make it either a cold or hot room. I've even slept in here a few times (My room is the study room which is separate from my bedroom). I've got everything I need in here, my computer, printer, pillow and blanket, pens and paper, almost everything. My parents don't agree with me spending so much time in here but they really don't try to stop me.

jackwoods
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jan 2009, 5:03 am

i've been unemployed, living with my family since i graduated in 2005. i have dreams of being a filmmaker, but am afraid if they are just fantasies. i'm in my 2nd relationship, which is going well for me. and i want to get into reading, but usually can't concentrate, my mind wanders, so i stop, or don't retain much of it, or if ido i took the story or events wrong. i get high, diving a little deeper into drugs, hallicinagenics, i'm looking for a spiritual journey. i'm 21. everyone believes my excuses of living home right now. i think alot and i have problems sleeping. any thoughts?

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 5:28 am

I used to stay in my room a lot because I had my own TV and could play Nintendo through my computer. I don't spend as much time in my room as I used to. I still go on WP all day, but walk in and out of my room every couple of hours. My bedroom door is actually close to the lounge room so I just keep it open and I'm being less anti-social lol. I even watch satellite TV this way.
I go out on the weekends or if I have appointments or things to buy.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

16 Jan 2009, 5:49 am

I stay in my room most of the time because I don't have a job and I study at home. I rarely go out partially because of anxiety and partially because I don't have any reason to. However, if I had things to do that I thought were fun, I wouldn't mind going out and doing them.

My mum used to try and get me to come out of my room by offering to take me to the mall to buy me clothes...and I'd rather stay in my room than go to the mall anyway haha. Now she doesn't try to make me come out.

Durp
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2009, 7:47 am

I stay in my room most of the time and it bothers my mom and sister a lot.

Barce
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jan 2009, 8:25 am

If im not in my room, im at work, uni, or outside riding my bike. Yeah, i'm in there alot.

chasingthesun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jan 2009, 9:09 am

flutter wrote:
Well, since I made the decision to actively transition, I've found the motivation to get active much easier, because I have a reason for wanting to do it.

Your milage may vary, coming out as trans is definately not for everyone :lol: 8O :lol:

I can relate to you there. It feels a lot better to go out and be recognized for who I am. (I'm FTM)

Ledvia wrote:
my family nicknamed by room "the cave" -.- i don't recall ever agreeing to it though they just started calling it that and that's what they call it....

hahaha, mine too. They also call my room "the black hole" because it's a mess and has been for years. They seem to think things go missing in there, but I think they only go missing when they go in there and try to clean it :evil:

sinsboldly wrote:
I live in a one bedroom apartment with a cat and amazing hanging plants. I take my scooter to downtown and spend the day explaining medicare to elderly folks and helping providers understand billing intricatcies. I scoot home and I am at my desk modding on WP for the rest of the time until I sleep and get up and scoot to work again. So work and home sorta blend.

Merle

Oooo! What kind of scooter? Like a Vespa?

RandomKid
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 9:15 am

Yeah most of the time. I have a TV, DVD player, stereo, and sometimes my laptop in my room. My laptop goes between home and grandmas. I also have all my stuffed animals in it. I just like being alone. I like being able to think with out getting interrupted. Ha if only my dog wouldn't barge in. But I love her. Plus thats where I get sent to cool off.

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 10:02 am

When I lived at home with my parents I did spend most of my time in my room. But now, living on my own, my time is equally divided between my office and my living room. It's just my wife and I, so it's no big deal. I prefer to spend ALL my time on the computer but my wife gets upset when I do that. When we have friends come over, I want to disappear into the office and get on the computer, but I have to socialize. :roll:

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 10:26 am

In many ways, I'd say yes, I tend to spend a great deal of time in my room for as, due to not doing well on the social level.However; i'm not suffering from Agoraphobia or such just not very good at being in large social scenarios that's all..