Do you stay in your room most of the time?

Page 4 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 10:26 am

In many ways, I'd say yes, I tend to spend a great deal of time in my room for as, due to not doing well on the social level.However; i'm not suffering from Agoraphobia or such just not very good at being in large social scenarios that's all..

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 10:37 am

how can anyone get out of their room?

i am always in my room, and it miraculously follows me everywhere i go.

if i was not in my room, then i would not be.

room is equal to space, and i occupy the space within my body.

so i am always in my room.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 10:55 am

All the time. My parents have given up trying to make me come out. I'm usualy working on a project of some sorts. When my parents see my project they are always impressed. In the pst they tried to make me come out for given ammounts of time. I would often lock myself in and my dad would threaten to kick the door in or have the lock removed. Countless shrinks have always told them it is not healty to let me stay in my bedroom constantaly and would force me to sit out with them but I would get super stressed if I couldn't stay in my room for hours and hours and decompress.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 1:45 pm

Here's idea of a really great 'room' for the modern Aspie:

millie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 2:34 pm

own bedroom ---->studio------>computer.........and intermittent jumps in the pool in summer and the whole thing over and over again day in and day out, day in day out except when it is rudely disrupted by family, like right now as i am trying to write. frigging hell.

that sounds terribly politically incorrect and selfish, but it is who I am and how I am.

Alicat1989
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2009, 2:38 pm

yeh my room is my sanctuary i go there if i need space from everyone and everything seems to help. i play my oreintal music and burn my yankee candles seems to calm me down and relax me tbh.

ali
xxx

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 2:56 pm

Besides that it's about as boring as every other place and that is boredom is really freaking me out, yes, I do stay in my room since I have discovered that I own a room. I didn't use my room at all as a kid (besides the bed) and for some few years didn't even have one several days a week, so I mean it when I write that I discovered it.

Today I stay in my room because... where else to stay when at home, really? In the kitchen? Bathroom? Gross...

I mean, where else are you supposed to be other than in your room when you're home? It's your room. So be there.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 3:03 pm

wow last poster. i am rarely bored. i am only bored when i have to partake in what is normal life for others.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 3:11 pm

Not so much in my room but there is a room in my house where I like to stay a lot. In fact I'll be going there in a few minutes.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 4:06 pm

A lot of the time I'm in my room standing on my toes flapping my hands while listening to music from my iPhone. It's my favorite thing to do, and I spend a LOT of time doing it.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 4:14 pm

Didn't the Beach Boys do some kind of sad song called 'In My Room"?
Somebody post a link so we can have some music to accompany this thread.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 4:16 pm

well brian wislon probaby did as he is very out there. (and TOny Attwood is also obsessed with the Beach Boys and collects their stuff,) so that choice of music is prbably quite apt here.

and of course - it is good music.

ignisfatuus
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jan 2009, 6:34 pm

Yes I do unfortunately. Nothing else cures the anxiety like cutting myself off from society.

Maditude
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 7:21 pm

I go through phases. Right now, I am in a "stay in room" phase. Other times, I am in the "Only home to shower and sleep" phase.

"Vortex of Freedom" Radio Show
Saturdays 6PM Eastern - 5PM Central
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maditude

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2009, 7:38 pm

I suppose you could say I live in my room, well for the time being. I have no means of transportation, and jobs are not a the best of walking distance. I am a bit stuck. My room has everything I need, but there are some out door things I enjoy, I just can't because I have no way to do them, everything is indefinetly postponed.
However when I used to live in the previous state I lived in, I had a job, a car, a couple of friends, and really I was never home except to sleep, if that.

The only person I live with now is my grandma, she does not really seem to mind.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 8:29 pm

I don't stay in my room all the time.

I stay in my apartment all the time though.