Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Oct 2008, 7:05 am

Hi, there, folks.. I just want to share a very funny moment I had yesterday.. I was cleaning a new client's home ( very nice development area, higher-end homes) and was upstairs when I heard company coming in the door. The clients have a 6 yr. old son and the neighbor brought her 2 boys and little toddler with her. It sounded like a jail break down there, yelling, running around, just CHAOS.. The mom was serving lunch to the boys, and all the while the ladies were SHOUTING to their kids, "How's your peanut-butter sandwich, Jake?" to which the other mother SHOUTED LOUDER, "How"s your peanut-butter sandwich, Alek?" then the other mom says loudly, "Would you like apple juice or milk, Jake??! then the other say even LOUDER, "Would you like apple juice or milk, Alek?!?"..They were all in the same room together, just feet from each other... My gosh, these kids could not eat in peace, they were being ambushed by the moms trying to dominate one another! This kept going on, and it was loud, uncomfortable, and so obviously...competitive. Asking if they were going to the PTO association's meeting,.... " oh, you 're not sure? Well, I AM.." The father sees me come downstairs, and says, YOu have 4 children, is your house crazy like this, too?" To which I smile, shake my head and say, "NO". He was speechless. They were very nice to one another, yet the edginess of it showed how false they were to each other, as if their parenting interests dominated the other's.. It reminded me of an SNL skit where everywhere needed to outdo one another to the point of exhaustion.. I left the house feeling like I had my life and sh!t together better than them., made me smile actually...Being an aspie, I can just be who I am ..Just had to share.. :wink:

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 8:38 am

thanks for sharing!
This brought a smile to my face, this morning. My life is very quiet compared with the chaos of my co-workers!

Merle

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Oct 2008, 8:42 am

You're Welcome! Enjoy your day, Dear! :wink: