Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Qi
Raven
Raven

18 Oct 2008, 1:45 pm

...about yourself, and how autism affects you. Comments are also appreciated.

I was driving the other day to gas up my car. I don't do that very often, because I avoid driving as much as possible. Anyway, I've had this car for over a year now. My uncle gave it to me. I went into the gas station right after the first car I saw, and waited for him to finish. When my turn came, the guy told me that the gas thing was on the other side. I was all "Ummm, so what am I supposed to do?" So I just went forward with my car, and I froze there. My anxiety took over, and I just made random movements with my car until the guys realized I'm completely clueless, and started shouting instructions. It went alright after that, but I was so red in the face and kept swearing under my breath, and kept wondering how on earth am I expected to understand what they meant without them giving exact details. I feel like a robot that needs exact input in order to follow any instructions. I keep wondering why I make such a mess out of simple things, and how people somehow manage to survive this complicated scary world without other people's constant support.

eman_ekaf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Oct 2008, 1:50 pm

Here's a story I am working on. I did not use names of people in my life, and please excuse the jump from before school to before lunch between paragraphs 2 and 3...I'm working right there. http://docs.google.com/View?docID=dzmrs ... on=_latest

wrongshoes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Oct 2008, 4:55 pm

Here's one I just posted on my blog:
Dancing with sharks

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 6:36 pm

ok...it's a blog, but it reads a bit like a short story...

Plight of the lonely shy street busker

Tonight i made another attempt at street busking. I donned my froofy petticoat and the tattered "stuffed animal" skirt..all the pieces are coming off of...i hastily plastered on my "busking face" and loaded up my army-pants-bag with all manner of stuff to possibly sell...bunny bread screen prints...my siamese twin bunnies...my cashmier rattlesnake..the long-limbed blue monkey...the bunny bread t-shirts I made this afternoon....etc.....and looking well-freakified I made my way out the side door and onto the path to down town....

Halfway down Polk, i realised I forgot my busking bucket. How am i supposed to busk without something for people to but the money in? Then, I saw a dead rat in the bike lane....What if the Plague had hit downtown, and I was potentially riding into the danger zone?....I crossed the really wide lane right before the Toyota Center...a crowd of people was crossing towards me....one person remarked "That looks alternative"...I made it to main street and ambled along on the sidewalk. I had my bunny ears tied under my chin so they wouldn’t fly away.

At one point where the sidewalk was covered there was some skinny gothy looking kid with a video camera on a stick coming towards me.

I made it all the way to Notsuoh..where I was going to try to look as dignified as I could muster while I went in and asked if I could busk on the patio....but there were lots of people out there and loud music coming out of there...and I couldn’t figure out where to safely lock up my bike.and I ended up going all the way back home.

There I screwed the caps back on my screen printing inks, changed into my night gown, scrubbed the Poopy Lungstuffing paint off my face, dargged out all my paints and painted a mediocre picture that I call "Sea Hag"...on the back of one of my Bunny bread prints....opened a bottle of wine, wrote this blog,watched a movie while stuffing monkeys and went to sleep.

The end.