Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

JustDoYouOK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2016, 7:58 pm

I was wondering and this has been bothering me for a while why don't we really fit in when we are honest about life to others and how things should be and really are? for example when I walk my dog some people have breakdowns over the lawns and how they are chemically treated and I tell them as long as it's green just end it and how chemicals are bad and a waste

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2016, 8:00 pm

[quote="JustDoYouOK"]I was wondering and this has been bothering me for a while why don't we really fit in when we are honest about life to others and how things should be and really are? for example when I walk my dog some people have breakdowns over the lawns and how they are chemically treated and I tell them as long as it's green just end it and how chemicals are bad and a waste[/quo

Often honesty is an opinion and if an unpopular or uncommon one, will be met with opposition.

JustDoYouOK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2016, 8:10 pm

I just always felt like a outsider or didn't fit I don't see what is wrong with honesty and reality 9 out of the 10 people are followers with the lawns and the so called ''suburban dream''

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2016, 8:12 pm

JustDoYouOK wrote:
I just always felt like a outsider or didn't fit I don't see what is wrong with honesty and reality 9 out of the 10 people are followers with the lawns and the so called ''suburban dream''

It's probably because most people find analytical thought to be burdensome, wearing or difficult. Also people liek to do what others do. so they fail to question already accepted realities. When you point it out you make yourself an outsider. Stupid, sure, but it is what it is. I'm a 'call it like I see it' sort of guy myself but have learned not all situations are platforms for freely expressing my contradictory opinions.

JustDoYouOK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2016, 8:16 pm

my viewpoints are kind of the same as a George Carlin or Art Bell type

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2016, 8:24 pm

Yes but people of those ilk excel at the delivery. If you do not excel in a comedic delivery you're basically coming off as an oppositional dick... not saying you are one, but that's how many will take it.

JustDoYouOK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2016, 8:28 pm

That is my problem I come off as actually angry about it or arrogant and egocentric yet at the same time I am a very nice guy to people that are respectful to me

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2016, 9:01 pm

I get that 100%. It's still a work in progress for me. Sometimes it's better to say nothing at all or as little as needed.

JustDoYouOK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2016, 9:39 pm

I just can't figure out when deep thinking intelligence and individual thought process made somebody crazy or something wrong with them

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2016, 9:41 pm

It's not so much that as it is many people, when forced to react outside the typical trains of thought get confused and perceive that as a negative.