no 34%  34%  [ 80 ]
maybe 29%  29%  [ 68 ]
Total votes : 233

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 9:02 am

Saerain wrote:
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or misread something. My post was laced with nothing but hatred for Vogler and the utmost praise for House.

You're right, I must have misread it. I guess with all those saying House was a jerk, etc... I got careless and misread it.

There were times when house seemed VERY nice. Heck, remember the time when the boy came in with a basically insane mother, and house struggled to help her? He EVEN took credit for getting the boy in trouble JUST to help his relationship with his mother! THAT probably led people, including the boy, to think he was a real JERK.

BESIDES, A number of people here, including me, have acted like jerks. I think it kind of comes with the package, even though we AREN'T! The apparent arrogance, apparent indifference, etc... make it seem that way.

Almost like winchester on MASH during Christmas. He seemed pretty arrogant, etc... seemed to care so little, and have little compassion but gave an orphanage good chocolate to handout.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Char ... hester_III

Still, I think winchester was just a guy with some high standards that wanted to help people he respected or were unjustly hurt. I'm not saying he had AS.

TheMaverick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jan 2009, 9:02 am

wow, thats a tight poll!

it funny you should bring such a question up. i remember one episode where House is treating an autistic patient. Wilson goes and looks up the symtoms of autism and begins identifying them with Houses traits. He ''comicly'' comes to the conclusion that House has autism, a theory he then presents to Cuddy who tells him he's being ridiculous. I figured, he might be like me, mildly autistic.

Then about 8 months ago when i found out about Aspergers. I remembered this episode and figured that, no, he's not autistic, he's an Aspie. Also, based on the behaviour displayed by House in each episode, it seems abundantly clear that House is indeed an Aspie.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 9:08 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
There were times when house seemed VERY nice. Heck, remember the time when the boy came in with a basically insane mother, and house struggled to help her? He EVEN took credit for getting the boy in trouble JUST to help his relationship with his mother! THAT probably led people, including the boy, to think he was a real JERK.

Yes, and he was quite nice to the old lady with syphilis.

The trouble he took the blame for was calling child services. It was really the mom that did it, but House made it look like he did.

And when he got back together with his Ex, he broke up with her, saying he would never be able to give her the emotional support she deserved.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 9:10 am

I'd like to take to his cane away from him and beat him with it.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 9:17 am

TheMaverick wrote:
wow, thats a tight poll!

it funny you should bring such a question up. i remember one episode where House is treating an autistic patient. Wilson goes and looks up the symtoms of autism and begins identifying them with Houses traits. He ''comicly'' comes to the conclusion that House has autism, a theory he then presents to Cuddy who tells him he's being ridiculous. I figured, he might be like me, mildly autistic.

Then about 8 months ago when i found out about Aspergers. I remembered this episode and figured that, no, he's not autistic, he's an Aspie. Also, based on the behaviour displayed by House in each episode, it seems abundantly clear that House is indeed an Aspie.

In that episode, they actually say he may have AS. The kid, at the end, gives away his PRIZED possession, a game, to House! In the beginning, even trying to disturb him while he was playing was met with a LOT of hostility. I think the writers definitely tried to show a side of House they don't often show, and tried to show a kind of alternate communication with the child.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 9:19 am

On second consideration, I'd like to watch as Tony Soprano and his crew back Dr. House into a corner and administer a Mafia style beating.

I can't dirty myself that way ...

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 9:21 am

The thing I hate about the show is that he lacks ethics. Like he thinks its a germ that causes this, so he has people break into the patient's house to look for that germ. They don't find it, so he moves on to the next theory. I promise you most of those fans of that show would hate having a guy like that for real as their doctor. I know every eposide I've seen has a happy ending because of his lack of ethics somehow, but that doesn't matter in the real world. He'd been fired eventually from all the law suits in the real world.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 9:24 am

Are you kidding?

How the hell did this guy get through medical school?

The whole thing is such an insult to the intelligence. :evil: :roll:

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 9:28 am

He a least so antisocial he said he envyed the autistic kid. He was able to figure out the kid and that was cool.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 9:38 am

Tantybi wrote:
The thing I hate about the show is that he lacks ethics. Like he thinks its a germ that causes this, so he has people break into the patient's house to look for that germ. They don't find it, so he moves on to the next theory. I promise you most of those fans of that show would hate having a guy like that for real as their doctor. I know every eposide I've seen has a happy ending because of his lack of ethics somehow, but that doesn't matter in the real world. He'd been fired eventually from all the law suits in the real world.

You ARE right about that. I guess that, since it often IS worthwhile and entertaining, people excuse that. YEAH, when I was robbed, I talked to the police ELSEWHERE! WHY? Because my room was a MESS! If I were a robber, and went into my apartment, I wouldn't have bothered looking farther. And I have a LOT of things that could have caused house to chase wild geese. For example, I have a HUGE store of warfarin(enough to last me perhaps a year). I ALSO have a LOT of vitamin K. SO, if I had a stroke or a bleeding problem, he might suspect those. I check my blood sugar, so he might believe I am diabetic.

Still, it isn't like he was stealing, or trying to extort.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 9:44 am

slowmutant wrote:
Are you kidding?

WHY, why wouldn't he make it through medical school? He clearly didn't START that way! He even spoke of how he got interested in medicine. He saw a janitor that was mistreated, etc..., because he was considered UNTOUCHABLE! But when the doctors were stumped, they called the JANITOR! It turned out that he knew what he was doing, and they had to cast fear and rules aside, and ask HIM for help. He saved the day.

House explained that that showed that they HAD to respect him to some degree, because HE knew what had to be done, etc...

So that not only explains how he got to where he is, but ALSO shows aspie reasoning.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 9:56 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
Tantybi wrote:

You ARE right about that. I guess that, since it often IS worthwhile and entertaining, people excuse that. YEAH, when I was robbed, I talked to the police ELSEWHERE! WHY? Because my room was a MESS! If I were a robber, and went into my apartment, I wouldn't have bothered looking farther. And I have a LOT of things that could have caused house to chase wild geese. For example, I have a HUGE store of warfarin(enough to last me perhaps a year). I ALSO have a LOT of vitamin K. SO, if I had a stroke or a bleeding problem, he might suspect those. I check my blood sugar, so he might believe I am diabetic.

Still, it isn't like he was stealing, or trying to extort.

Think of all the assumptions he makes about you that are wrong, and because you have no idea he's there or you are unconscious as a patient, you have no way to defend yourself on those assumptions. It's great he wasn't stealing or extorting etc. But do you really want a doctor to know that much about you? Yeah, House might be nice about your messy house. But, think about all the doctors you do see. What's okay for one guy has to be okay for everyone else. And if you got kids? Oh, he'd be required by law to call Child Protection Services over a messy house. It's not like you could clean it if you are dying on a hospital bed, and then if you do die, that would just mudden the waters for the family you want to have custody over your children in your death, all because a doctor got nosey.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 10:16 am

slowmutant wrote:
On second consideration, I'd like to watch as Tony Soprano and his crew back Dr. House into a corner and administer a Mafia style beating.

I can't dirty myself that way ...

I could dirty myself that way, and unlike Tony Soprano, I could institute a mixed mafia style beating (Italian Mob and Puerto Rican Mob style mixed with a little gang banger, military style, and my man ain't your baby's daddy into it as well). When I'm done with House, I think I'll hit up Tony next actually. I don't agree with a lot of things he did in his show either.

But in real life, I'd slap House with a couple of lawsuits and many letters to the Medical Review Board.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 10:19 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
Are you kidding?

WHY, why wouldn't he make it through medical school? He clearly didn't START that way! He even spoke of how he got interested in medicine. He saw a janitor that was mistreated, etc..., because he was considered UNTOUCHABLE! But when the doctors were stumped, they called the JANITOR! It turned out that he knew what he was doing, and they had to cast fear and rules aside, and ask HIM for help. He saved the day.

House explained that that showed that they HAD to respect him to some degree, because HE knew what had to be done, etc...

So that not only explains how he got to where he is, but ALSO shows aspie reasoning.

Bah!

Saerain
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jan 2009, 11:17 am

Slowmutant, do you have a relative in the New Jersey police force named Tritter?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 11:22 am

Saerain wrote:
Slowmutant, do you have a relative in the New Jersey police force named Tritter?

No.