Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

obsessingoverobsessions
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Apr 2016, 10:28 am

I just needed to rant :(

1. I just met these two people who seemed nice and I ended up mentioning something slightly connected to my special interest then I told them all about the special interest I have because I felt like I couldn't stop until I had done and when they left I thought to myself "what is wrong with me?!"

2. I had an English exam and I wrote about a sensory overload experience, so now I think I sound whiny and a bit fake (because there's lots of cliché sentences) by writing about it, and I don't want anyone to read it now but my English teacher has to :( it just feels like she's reading my diary but I'm the stupid one who wrote it!

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2016, 12:36 pm

There's nothing whatsoever wrong with you, and you are not stupid. You are a wonderful person. :D I talk about my special interests so much. :lol: Hugs from a kind kitty. :heart: :cat:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2016, 2:06 pm

Please don't beat yourself up over this.

I'm sorry you're having a lousy day.

What is your "special interest," anyway?

You really did nothing wrong.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2016, 3:18 pm

at least you're honest about yourself and your experiences. I think that's cool.

obsessingoverobsessions
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Apr 2016, 9:52 am

Thank you everyone for your kind words, it means a lot to me! My special interest is World War 2, and I was ranting about concentration camps and I told them everything I knew about them although I didn't get to finish... Not really appropriate, looking back on it, when I had only just met these people! Whilst they were walking away, I kept repeating "I'm not obsessed, I don't support what the Nazis did, I'm just interested, I'm sorry!"

I'm hopeless at conversing with people!

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2016, 9:55 am

^Sometimes I hardly talk at all and almost become mute for a day at a time or even longer.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

SpacedOutAndSmiling
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Apr 2016, 10:01 am

Hello,

I don't speak, this is part of why. Even if i could get the words to come out, i struggle to keep them useful. Sometimes its better to just not speak and to interact in other ways. Luckily i have friends who understand.

Like others, i'd say try not to beat yourself up to much. It was an achievement to start a conversion etc, and it will get better with practice.

Regarding your writing, the english teacher cares about the quality and structure, not so much the social commentary of what you have written. The content itself is not import, the exam is about proving you can accurately use language to relay meaning. By writing about something important to you, you are writing from experience and this will be a good thing.

Jamie + Lion

I focus on being autistically happy and I write a website with techniques, reviews and guides. http://spacedoutandsmiling.com