Can you walk in a straight line? (other walking things also)

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 9:22 am

-JR wrote:
I didn't toe walk, but I used to run on my toes.

Can't see how anyone can walk up the stairs without using their toes. :?

Walking with anyone, I oftentimes collide with that person. I'd walk off of sidewalks a lot as a kid, always remembered my ankles bugging me.

Same thing. When I was a teenager and I would be walking with me "friends" (the 2-3 guys who I thought were my friends, anyway) I would always bump into them or step on their heels. It always annoyed people that I did that, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't NOT do it.

rivergoat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jan 2009, 12:59 pm

sbcmetroguy wrote:
I cannot walk a straight line ... never could. I always fear getting pulled over by cops or stopped at a DWI checkpoint and being asked to walk a line!

Years ago, I got a DUI for just this reason (well... partially). I was taking home a friend from a party (I was the DD) and I got pulled over for speeding. Yeah, the car reeked of alcohol because my friend had nicely barfed up his last 5 drinks into my floorboard. So the officer asked if I would do a roadside sobriety test. "Sure!" I failed the straight-walk, couldn't touch my finger to my nose very well, and told him that I could not stand with my feet together because it made me pass out (I'm knock-kneed - some people call it 'double-jointed'). I thought everything was okay, but then he got rough-voiced with me and said I would need to take a breathalyzer. It caught me off-guard and I got mad (it was like he was calling me a liar and I get VERY upset when people do that - it's my shortest fuse, so to speak). It went badly after that...
I said "What the hell for?"
"I need you to blow into this tube."
"What, you think *I'M* the one who's drunk??!"
"Ma'am, please put your hands behind your back!"
"What the hell for?"
"I'm placing you under arrest!"
"What the hell for?"
"You refused the breathalyzer test and that means you will automatically be arrested for DUI."
"No I didn't!"
"Yes you did."
"Well, I'll do it, just take these cuffs off me!"
"It's too late now. You're going to jail."
"Sounds like Gestapo to me!"

At any rate, I went to trial, and at the 'Gestapo' comment, several of the nice ladies in the jury gasped loudly. Conviction, and everything that goes with it. They even brought in an 'expert witness' who testified that my about-face in attitude (I was polite and compliant up the point where I was asked to do the breathalyzer) was an indication of inebriation.

If I knew then what I know (suspect?) now...

goat

}:)~

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2009, 1:07 pm

I think I can.But I'm struggling with my phase. Always tend to walk to fast, but I'm working on it.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 1:13 pm

I used to toe walk all the time until I was about 12, now I walk heel first but on my toes when I'm on a cold floor
I can walk in a straight line but I do bump into people alot

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 1:49 pm

I only toe walk when I want to avoid getting my pants wet from snow or rain puddles.

isnessofwhatis
Raven
Raven

13 Mar 2009, 11:39 am

I don't think I've ever walked in a straight line. I walk a lot outside and I often turn around to look at my tracks in the snow and they are all over the place. When I walk with bare feet I rarely my heel rarely touches the floor. I hate socks and shoes so I'm barefoot most of the time.

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 12:12 pm

As for walking in a straight line, I loved walking on balance beams since I was a young girl.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 3:11 pm

I walk in "rally points" look, pick a spot, move there... can't walk straight and I change phase often (HATE when someone walks behind me = stresses me)

I noticed tho that when I think of my girlfriend and warm fuzzy feelings I calm my brain and I can walk more confident and slower, same when I get mad I become more stable.

but in a normal mood I zig zag the hell out of streets and pathways. :roll:

:::)

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 3:17 pm

I can walk in a straight line, although sometimes I may appear to walk a bit weirdly.

SpongeBobRocksMao!