What type of lights and objects intrigues you?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

alakazaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 May 2013, 6:20 pm

I like traffic lights in the night time. I also like certain types of yellow light in the dark. Christmas lights always have my attention. I become fascinated with small things like something that I'll watch from a youtube video. I can't think of a example but I will rewind the part that fascinated me many times. I become fascinated by certain streets with nice houses and trails that I'll take a long walk and just observe. I love hills and houses built on hills or mountains. I also like certain smells like firewood burning. I'll jump and down if I smell firewood.

What's yours?

Last edited by alakazaam on 03 May 2013, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agoodname
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 May 2013, 6:30 pm

I like looking at fire and water. They can hold my attention for quite awhile.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2013, 6:33 pm

Running water does it for me.

Grevesy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 May 2013, 6:34 pm

I love the way streetlights change the colour of buildings, cars and scenery at night. And I especially love the stark contrasts between the light and the dark shadows. Plus at night, where I live you can see a lot of stars, so I enjoy walking outside in the evenings so long as it is warm enough.

Alakazaam, you'd probably like where I live at the moment. My house is on a steep hill and I have a view all the way down to the river from my room. It's nice looking out and seeing all the houses lit up beneath me. Although I dislike living on a hill as I'm not very fit, so walking to and from home can be exhausting sometimes.

alakazaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 May 2013, 6:41 pm

Grevesy wrote:
I love the way streetlights change the colour of buildings, cars and scenery at night. And I especially love the stark contrasts between the light and the dark shadows. Plus at night, where I live you can see a lot of stars, so I enjoy walking outside in the evenings so long as it is warm enough.

Alakazaam, you'd probably like where I live at the moment. My house is on a steep hill and I have a view all the way down to the river from my room. It's nice looking out and seeing all the houses lit up beneath me. Although I dislike living on a hill as I'm not very fit, so walking to and from home can be exhausting sometimes.

I think you're lucky lol. I know the house I want to buy will be sitting on a steep hill. Even better if I move in a mountainous area. I moved to a very plain city unfortunately. Seeing a steep hill here is like seeing a ferrari or lambo on the road. It's very rare and I dislike this city.

alakazaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 May 2013, 6:43 pm

agoodname wrote:
I like looking at fire and water. They can hold my attention for quite awhile.

I've been known as starting so many small fires on my backyard just to observe when I was a kid.

Grevesy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 May 2013, 7:09 pm

alakazaam wrote:

I've been known as starting so many small fires on my backyard just to observe when I was a kid.

My cousin and I used to do this as well. We lived near a patch of rough park and when they would cut the grass in the summer we would collect it, wrap it around branches and set fire to it. They would burn up pretty quick but there was plenty of it around!

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2013, 7:20 pm

I like the sight of Christmas lights. I like how bright and colorful they look, and how they decorate houses and trees nicely.

I also like the sight of sunsets. On nice days, when the sun sets, it turns the sky all sorts of different colors, even coloring the clouds. I see colors ranging from orange to pink. I can say the same thing about sunrises, though I don't see those as much.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2013, 8:14 pm

When I used to live in Nashville I wrote a song called Tennessee Sunset because I was mesmerized by the crimson hue of a few sunsets. Absolutely amazing to see all that red in the sky.

alakazaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 May 2013, 8:20 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
When I used to live in Nashville I wrote a song called Tennessee Sunset because I was mesmerized by the crimson hue of a few sunsets. Absolutely amazing to see all that red in the sky.

I've been to Nashville before. It's such a nice city. I was born in Knoxville, which is 3 hours away.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2013, 9:17 pm

I like Christmas lights also and walking around neighborhoods looking at houses and flower gardens and I like sitting under trees and looking up at the sky through the canopies.

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2013, 9:53 pm

I like looking at power lines. I like how they crisscross the country side and travel a long routs. I often get curious in seeing where they go. I also enjoy looking at the neat line work. I also enjoy looking at the ways roads, highways, onramps, and street lights look and how they differ from state to state. I find something about it to be relaxing. I also enjoy houses on mountains too however I enjoy being on islands the most or being in places that's surrounded by vastness like trees, desert, cliffs, or water. I love going to Florida because the state sticks so far out into the Atlantic.

I love Christmas lights. When I was younger I used to get obsessed with Christmas lights every December. I used to buy severial sets and decorate the house with as many sets as I could afford out of my allowance. I also used to interchange the all the lights creating odd patterns of colors on the strings. I used to get really obsessed with the 140-150 bulb sets that had the "effect functions." I used to click through them all the time. I even asked my 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teachers if I could decorate the classroom and they let me. The kids loved it. Normally I would continue to be obsessed with light well on the way through January and then the interest would fade off to continue again to the next end of the year.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

Last edited by infilove on 03 May 2013, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alakazaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 May 2013, 10:00 pm

infilove wrote:
I like looking at power lines. I like how they crisscross the country side and travel a long routs. I often get curious in seeing where they go. I also enjoy looking at the neat line work. I also enjoy looking at the ways roads, highways, onramps, and street lights look and how they differ from state to state. I find something about it to be relaxing. I also enjoy houses on mountains too however I enjoy being on islands the most or being in places that's surrounded by vastness like trees, desert, cliffs, or water. I love going to Florida because the state sticks so far out into the Atlantic.

I like all that too but I'd prefer to live in a mountainous region. The closer to wildlife, the better.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2013, 10:03 pm

I enjoy looking at Christmas lights, LED lights, anything that's pea green and things that are bright and shiny.

EMTkid
Toucan
Toucan

03 May 2013, 10:03 pm

The flashing lights on my ambulance at night. Especially through the window with the control panel reflected... Totally awesome sight.

alakazaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 May 2013, 10:16 pm

I forgot to add police lights. I can stare at that all day unless it's me getting pulled over.