Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2010, 10:04 am

No, cause alien abductions aren't real-

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 10:18 am

It would certainly explain the uncontrollable urge to point my index finger upwards while searching for a communication device of sorts (or an electronic children's toy) and why my abdomen lights up when I'm in an exceptionally good mood.

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 3:18 pm

valkyrieraven88 wrote:
I think it's also a situation where the sarcasm at the beginning of the article has gone over someone else's head...

I think it's more a matter of sarcasm starting with the OP, and rapidly circling out of control, for great comedic benefit.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 3:19 pm

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 5:25 pm

PunkyCat wrote:

Quote:
Sometimes I like to look up information on the consept of alien abduction. I personaly never believed in it but a lot of other people do. This one guy sells (or tells how to make) a special hat or helmet that will stop the aliens from getting you. Aliens supposdly communicate telaphaticaly and the material of this hat blocks your thoughts. A lady made or purchaced a hat for her son who before he started wearing it was diagnosed as autistic.

"The woman’s son, age 8, starting wearing a #3 helmet. Previous to the helmet he was diagnosed as autistic, had reoccurring nightmares of what he said were monsters, and told his mother that aliens told him to obey them. He has not been taken while wearing the helmet and his doctors report that his autism has improved markedly. However, he reported that he was abducted on his way to or from school. He had several unexplained marks on his body and told his mother that he had surgery. A neurologist who examined the boy said he has an abnormal EEG."

Okay. What do you think of this?
and
PunkyCat wrote:
Quote:
I am really from a planet of meerkats. Meerkats aren't really from earth, they are just smart enough to trick you silly humans into thinking they are. I was one of the meerkat scientists given human form so I could blend in and study the humans. Not a very bright bunch if you ask me. 2012 is when we meerkats are going to let everyone in our our plans. :silly:

Meerkat aliens topic

The more things change, the more they evolve.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

OddOne21
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2014, 1:58 am

I'm going to go a bit against the grain on this one and say that obviously this is an absurd idea with no credibility. However, I have experienced two "alien abductions" in the past. As much as it was most likely simply a psychological phenomenon (e.g. half asleep hallucination) that was triggered by my belief in the subject I will add that being autistic probably made it a hell of a lot more likely for this to happen and it was a weird time to say the least. Autism makes it so someone has less cultural conditioning which is an important shaping force for NTs. Without this, the autistic person may be less skeptical of such an experience.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 1:32 pm

If aliens are involved I want to know why they've left me stranded on this bone-headed backwater excuse of a planet. 8O

You'd think they'd have the decent courtesy to drop me off somewhere far more interesting (Hello aliens - kindly check out the name of our website).

8)

Pobbles
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 1:41 pm

Faeries used to abduct human children and replace them with their own offspring. 'Changeling' must have been a handy label for defective children, back in the day. (before aliens were invented)

Visits by Faeries, interestingly, can also be neatly explained by psychosis or sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis is terrifying, even without hallucinations.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 1:47 pm

As aspies. We are aliens, aliens from earth. Does that mean that if we get kidnapped by an NT, would it be called an alien abduction? or if an aspie kidnaps an NT, would that too be an alien abduction as well?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 9:14 pm

LupaLuna wrote:
As aspies. We are aliens, aliens from earth. Does that mean that if we get kidnapped by an NT, would it be called an alien abduction? or if an aspie kidnaps an NT, would that too be an alien abduction as well?

They say that at Area 51 we have the pickled stiffs of the gray guys who piloted the ill fated UFO that crashed at Rosewell in 1947. Some even suggest that there are live aliens being held there. So they would be "alien hostages".

English is ambiguous on this: When they grab one of us Earthlings its called an "alien abduction". But if we could somehow intrude on the airspace of their home planet and kidnap one of them out of their bedroom at night-then that event would also be called "an alien abduction" (if an alien is the perp, or if the alien is the victim, of the abduction-either way-it would be rendered in English as "an alien abduction").

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 9:25 am

Mulder, is that you? :lol:

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 3:42 pm

samtoo wrote:
That'd be so awesome. :D To be autistic because aliens abducted you. 8) :lol:

I'd much prefer the Jack Sparrow pirate abduction.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 3:49 pm

If I exist as an Autistic because my mother was abducted by an alien, that could mean only one disturbing thing...My mother is NOT a virgin.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 4:35 pm

My mother told me I got it from a toilet seat......

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 7:11 pm

eggheadjr wrote:
If aliens are involved I want to know why they've left me stranded on this bone-headed backwater excuse of a planet. 8O

You'd think they'd have the decent courtesy to drop me off somewhere far more interesting (Hello aliens - kindly check out the name of our website).

8)

+1

I also think that sleep paralysis is extremely fascinating because so much of the brain function is effectively shut off, leaving a massive amount of resources (brain capability) to do other things.
I agree the experience can be very disturbing and terrifying because the perceptions can seem even more real than our waking conscious perceptions.

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 7:15 pm

Pobodys_Nerfect wrote:
Why would they give us Autism/AS?

Maybe they gave us part of there DNA so when someday they decide to invade earth no one will notice them as much. People by then will be use to autistic behaviors.

- Edgar Allan Poe -