Do you twitch?
Yes. 90%  90%  [ 112 ]
No. 10%  10%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 124

Variant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jun 2010, 2:24 am

When I am really stressed about something I will get a twitch sometimes. It can last for days and only started happening in the last few years. It has happened twice that I recall. Both times it just felt like a muscle contracting involuntarily.

The first time it was the muscle around my left eye, it would contract and move my eyebrow slightly, I found it extremely annoying. The second time it was a muscle in the left side of my neck, it contracted in rhythm with my pulse, and I actually went to the doctor thinking it was something else, like I was at risk for a stroke or something.

After a series of tests, echoes/ekgs and all that, the doctor said I was fine. That was when I realized it was a twitch, because it had gone away after several days once I was less stressed again.

jaspie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Jun 2010, 3:12 am

I do still have facial twitching (like a rabbit),shoulder jerking and hand flapping/clapping.It is not as bad today but it was a problem as a child.

Perin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jun 2010, 5:03 am

My twitches don't feel like what I'd imagine twitches to be.

More like a car trying to drive over a rock. A big bump in an attempt to continue moving. For example, when I try to produce a smile on command, twitchtastic. Or when I'm extremely uncomfortable, my neck will jam up as I attempt to turn it.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 12:28 pm

:hic: :wtg: :shaking2: yup i been doing it since i was in 4th grade.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 10:04 am

My face, shoulders, and neck twitch a lot, but usually the way they do and which one of those things twitches, along with the nature of the twitch itself, changes fairly often. It can be annoying because I think people may think I'm giving them non-verbal signals.

dachsowned
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Apr 2016, 5:30 pm

As long as I can remember I've had a muscle twitching somewhere on my body. Eyes, legs, elbows, knees, fingers ... sometimes even my tongue! They're generally small to be unnoticeable but for one thing. I touch and feel them - for example I might be holding my elbow if there's one there I'll also watch them if it's reasonably convenient. Yes it makes me look a little strange at times, but so what. It's no more remarkable than any other stimming! I've always wondered why this is such a constant for me. Any time I've asked a doctor they say it's stress. All my life?! ! I doubt that! My theory is that it's a neuro oddity which may or may not be related to autism.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 7:21 pm

Honestly, I've never known someone who did not twitch at one point or another.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

Gematron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2016, 7:24 pm

After a couple of cups of highly caffeinated coffee and some energy drinks. Other than that not really.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 7:41 pm

I fidget a lot, tend to have muscle spasms and constantly shake / bounce my right leg (which I barely even notice nowadays, it's just become common place)

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

08 Apr 2016, 11:06 am

When I get stressed, often by being in big groups, my nose and eyes start to twitch.

CarloAutism1999
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jul 2016, 2:39 am

I twitch sometimes. :(