My doctor calling an instititutue a relaxed place!?!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Apr 2009, 2:24 pm

Yeah so last week my parents went in to my therapy session with out me to talk about the meltdown i had during my week long trip at disneyworld, dont even get me started on the trips details, i almost blew up :? Anyways so my parents then come back, and tell me about this place where it's like a hospital but, better, and i will be monitored one on one and what not, OFMG!! ! My therapist is such a frig'in liar, i went there for 4 days and begg to be pulled out, and i was becase my parents didn't know either. That place was horrible, im 15, and i can say till the day that i die, i will remember that place all of it's sound, images, and smells! It was inhumane, the way they treated us, it was like we were dogs, i couldn't blink with out having some one correct me on how, i was wrong with this and that, i was crying in tears on the 4 day, has any one had an experience like this? :?:

Albert Einstein

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 2:55 pm

Hello, Nom-

Yes I ahve had deplorable situations, too.

I am torn. Yes, I needed care. I did not need that kind of care.

You are only 15, which means you will have to do what your parents and therapists say you need to do.

I had to, too.

Perhaps it will not come to that, though. Maybe you will be able to stay in a safer situation? I wish I could tell you what helps. Time helps. I was not happy but I am happy now that I did what my mom and dad wanted because they love me so much. THey did everything they could and now they do not regret or wich they had done more.

I hpe that you get this resoved without too much trauma.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 2:55 pm

was that a mental health institution?
they can get away with quite a lot in those,especially in the US.

Am used to live in a large LD/DD institution complex in Manchester,but they shut every part of it down apart from the respite unit and offices [they are closing almost all LD/DD institutions down in the UK].
The one am went to was actually tame by institutional standards,probably the best place have lived in so far,if exclude the abuse and neglect from some staff.

But am don't know how any doctor can call an Institution relaxed,and they should not have told self that!
they are there for people who need much more secure care than what group or residential homes can give,so will come across some of the most challenging and complex needs residents,will also find oldskool staff who treat self in an oldskool manner in any type of care institution.

it sounds horrible...from having a holiday in disney world,to being put in what sounds like an oldskool institution...a private room on a pysch ward would have been better if were seriously at risk.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 3:05 pm

I've never been in an institution like that but I have been treated like crap. I wouldn't want to be in a situation where I could not escape it. Sometimes the road to hell really is paved with good intentions I know this from what's happened to me. You have to watch out and not be lured into something that will do you more harm than good.