Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 6:32 pm

...anybody else that on a site for folks who don't like to look at people's faces, to see so many human avatars STARING at them?

I don't mind most of the animals, but all those people staring at me... eeesh.
:roll:

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2009, 6:45 pm

Not really. It annoys me when people who take advantage of the fact the visitors of the site can't help but have to know what topics are about to increase the views of their topic though.
Quite pathetic to be quite frank.
EMZ.

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 6:49 pm

To me, it depends on the person.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 6:53 pm

i'd put a picture of myself up if i could, it's kinda nice for me as i really don't see a lot of ppl except movie "stars" lol

McTell
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 7:13 pm

I've no problem with it. I'm kind of surprised to hear that someone would. It's not like the avatars are actually staring, so I can't see why it would be bothersome.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 7:20 pm

i'm sure eye contact with a picture can be almost as disconcerting as real life for some, if not many aspies..
it would probably intimidate me in certain cases, aspies have some "odd" expressions, although generally less than the "others".. :)
i'm lonely tho, that's why i want to look at faces rather than beautiful, but decidedly equine, donkeys..
are donkeys equine? if not, my bad :) apparently they are "Equus africanus asinus"

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 7:46 pm

Maybe it's a trauma association... my family was traumatic as H. I find a lot of people traumatic to be around.
I've always been OK with animals... worked as a horse trainer, now as a dog trainer.

It's more the eyes. But I was in a friend's garden the other day and she has a lot of garden statuary, and I really didn't like the ones that were human being out there. It made the place feel crowded... :roll:

I don't even have any art with humans in it.... landscapes, animals, flower studies. Nooo people.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 8:25 pm

DonkeyBuster wrote:
...anybody else that on a site for folks who don't like to look at people's faces, to see so many human avatars STARING at them?

I don't mind most of the animals, but all those people staring at me... eeesh.
:roll:

I have gone to a great deal of trouble to learn how to read face (and body) language. As a result I look at faces. It is a useful skill in social navigation. The face says much more than the tongue or pen.

ruveyn