How did you imagine people voices like???!??!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 3:17 am

Hello, and welcome to a special edition of Wrong Planet. I'm you're host, drunken CaptainTrips222. I want to know how you picture other people to sound like (voice wise) when they post on here. Do you think I"m a pirate because I'm "CaptainTrips"? YOu'd be wrong..................... I'm 27, and I'm so happy I found this website. You don't know how good I feel when I log into the other0-worldliness that is Wrongplanet. net . I guess I finally am on the right track. I used to think I'm ADD, and really stupid socially or soemthing but it turns out I'm acutally on the spectrum. Do ya konw how I know? Well, Guess! Because I relate to some of the posts so well.

Anyway, I don't want to embarasse some people , so I'll just tell you this... I"m 12 highball glass beers deep, and my friend drove me home. We laughed, and I felt sorry for him... oh wait, I have a personal message!! ! But it can wait.

Anywa, I hope this reaches all of you in good spirits. I love this place. So many different kidns of people on the spectrum, and some of them can do thiing's I CAN'T DO!! ! But then they turn around and say, "Oh I can't ride a tricycle because I'll fall off, or I Ican't add 2 =2." Geez, we're so different. It's awesome though.... should I stop? I think so... I'm probably gonna regret this messed up post like anything else I do when I"m enebriated.

MUAH!! !! !! ! Guys and girls get that, but guys on their heads, and girls on the cheeck. And I tipped back and lauged when I wrote that.

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 3:53 am

I wish I was drunk. :lol:

Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 5:26 am

When I read your post, you sound like me:p

I'm not good at imagining other people's voices.
I just tried to read your post in another voice and it just exhausted me.
Though it was funny too ( I made you a Scottish pirate).

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 7:05 am

I think, if someone says they can't add 2+2, that they are kidding or exagerating. At least you would believe that anywhere else. Why wouldn't you believe that here?

I, myself, almost joked "I can't add 2=2 EITHER! I always thought 2 simply equaled 2! Is that a new kind of math?". HECK, I recently had a "new math" book(I might have thrown it out). IT said that 2+2=8(as I recall)! Of course, the + sign had a circle around it.

And it IS a chore to fall off a trike!

Even the deal with driving a car. I probably drive a car better than almost anyone I know, HECK, I drive better than many I have seen driving around me. Yet, when I started, I was very aprehensive, because I HATE driving in reverse, or very close to other cars. I am also PASSIVE! You HAVE to be AGGRESIVE when driving in much of the US. Outside of a few decent people, you have to almost play "chicken" on the road. It probably took me MONTHS to fearless go onto the freeway. A lot of that is that I had to become agressive on the road. Some people here maybe could drive better than I could, but may simply be unwilling to change.

As for me, I may imagine what a person looks like, but don't usually imagine the voice, unless it is referred to.

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 8:15 am

I can't imagine people's voices from reading their posts here. I never try to. I read faster than anyone could speak, anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 12:18 pm

I imagine everyone sounding exactly like me.

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2009, 12:49 pm

I don't imagine people's voices when I read, or at least, don't try to. Generally they're all the same unisex voice.
EMZ=]

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 12:49 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I imagine everyone sounding exactly like me.

same here

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 12:53 pm

I have a specific "young" male/female voice and a specific "mature" male/female voice that I use in my head for everyone.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 7:19 pm

When I read, I never vocalise the things that I read in my head. Instead, I picture the words, and get the meaning out of them that way, through some connections in my brain. So once I have to day something, it's more work than it's worth because it's like I have to translate from one language to another. It doesn't come naturally; working with written text is much easier because text is something I can visualize right in front of me.